a lending stream account o never had?

Options
niallo
niallo Posts: 214 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
I am being approached to pay a debt to the lending stream, !!!!!! are they? How did they get my name? I have just discovered that they are a pay day loans co. Not me, never... advice?
Niall
2015...so far...fingers crossed
Santander £123
£30 cineworld voucher
£40 Zizzi voucher
Coast 2 coast free lunch

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Check the CRAs and tell them it's not you or ignore.

The name Lending Stream gives you a clue as to !!!!!! they are.

They got your name because you have the same one as the person who skipped out without paying.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 June 2018 at 11:06PM
    Options
    Approached by who ??

If this is on your credit file, and your sure you didnt take out the loan, then someone has applied using your details and bank account.

Which would mean your debt card and your bank account have both been compromised.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • niallo
    Options
    Have , in cool light of day, checked CRAs. Deffo not me....sent paper work back denying knowledge.
    Thanks zx81 it Seems your ' same name as ...' is probably close to the mark. Seems it's common practice, to find anyone with or without a connection and try to bill the for the default....
    Niall
    Santander £123
    £30 cineworld voucher
    £40 Zizzi voucher
    Coast 2 coast free lunch
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    Could be a family member or friend committing fraud by using your details to take out a loan?
  • anfieldred
    anfieldred Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Lending stream have a few companies that they do lending through - have you taken one out elsewhere that they might own?
  • niallo
    Options
    No loans no place, this a load of rubbish, not me, not no way not no how.... would any veteran of MSE even consider a pay day loan? Not one of us is that daft...
    Niall
    Santander £123
    £30 cineworld voucher
    £40 Zizzi voucher
    Coast 2 coast free lunch
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    niallo wrote: »
    No loans no place, this a load of rubbish, not me, not no way not no how.... would any veteran of MSE even consider a pay day loan? Not one of us is that daft...

People do use pay day loans, some use them as a means to get by month to month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure