Anyone still sicking with Budget Engery-not me?

justaquestion
justaquestion Posts: 737 Forumite
edited 4 January 2018 at 7:35PM in N. Ireland
Hi folks,

Happy New year, just to let you know, that its still possible to save up to 2p per unit, if you have the right supplier.

Budget engery's bill pay is 15.8 p per unit, I just renewed for another year with Airtricity and get 15% off their standard rate, works out under 13.5 p a unit.

New customers with Airtricity get even more 20% off.

If already an airtricity customer and your contract is up, ring up to renew for another year to avoid paying their full standard rate.

£100-£200 a year for no leg work just the price of a phone call is good.

Comments

• glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 January 2018 at 7:09PM
    Think electric Ireland best deal for me at the minute, £75 free and then more if you refer people
  • I considered them, but their prices are going up again at end of Feb, quite high per unit, part of that £75 is a loyalty bonus I believe not payable to end of year.

Maybe you could wait until you get bill, get your £50 off, then off to Airtricty for 20% off...about 12.63 p a unit inc VAT I believe.

I have absolutely no loyalty to any of them, just want to save the money.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I considered them, but their prices are going up again at end of Feb, quite high per unit, part of that £75 is a loyalty bonus I believe not payable to end of year.

Maybe you could wait until you get bill, get your £50 off, then off to Airtricty for 20% off...about 12.63 p a unit inc VAT I believe.

I have absolutely no loyalty to any of them, just want to save the money.

I'm pay as you go so even with the price rise its still cheapest, yeah you get the £75 in stages
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Think electric Ireland best deal for me at the minute, £75 free and then more if you refer people

I signed up before Christmas to Electric Ireland they were to ring 4th Jan to change me over from Power NI and they never rang I think I will just stay with Power NI.:o
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure