Yodel lost my parcel that was meant to be returned to argos

ayesha87
ayesha87 Posts: 11 Forumite
edited 5 October 2017 at 7:31PM in Consumer rights

Hi hope everyone is well. I wrote this letter it started off as a letter to argos but decided to post here first.
hopefully someone can get a gist of whats happened. I've searched and realised I'm not the only one that's had problems with yodel, just probably only one who has not got a receipt:(

On the21st July I ordered a product called Tile, key finder from the argos app. 1 boxcosts £64.99; I used an argos card.
I used theArgos app to order, I ordered one 1 box. I paid using my Argos card, and itwas confirmed on the next screen. I waited for E-Mail confirmation that myorder had been sent through but I never received it.
I waited till the next day, had not receivedit and decided to call Argos myself. Once I got through to an agent; I was toldthat this order was actually made for 6boxes, not the 1 box I ordered. I was extremely shocked and asked how this couldhappen, the agent said was it was an Argos app glitch, something they had been experiencinga lot that day. The agent also told me that the order did not go through; Itold her that once I paid with my Argos store card, the next screen confirmedmy 1 box order. They said it was a glitch and to expect my money to reappear onmy card within a few days. A fewdays later, a package from Argos of the tile key finders was delivered at myhome. I did not accept the package, a family member of mine did. I never toldthem to, as I was not expecting any packages what so ever -from anycompany to be delivered.
I called Argosand had they arranged a courier to pick my parcel. Argos arranged this not me, therefore the responsibility lies with Argos,not me. Unfortunately due to my health, I did not go down to open thedoor. My sister opened it and gave yodel delivery man my package; she saidclearly that he went back in to his YODEL VAN. He did not give any receipt at all.
I called many times over and over again, all to hear that the refundwould be put back on my card. No refund was given. After another couple of weeks I called back,I was told by a different agent that my package had never been returned to Argos. The agent called yodel the deliverycompany, and then called me back after. I was told that Yodel is denying evertaking a package from me. I called Yodel myself asking for an explanation, theydenied anyone coming to my house and stated that they had no records of my order! Called again and was told somethingdifferent. They said this time, a delivery person did come but nobody answeredthe door! That is 100% untrue. I received many texts from yodel under the name ‘exertis’.When they sent a message saying they would come to pick up the parcel, theywould never actually come on that day. When I called Yodel, they said they donot know who exertis is! This further more proves my point; Argos should bedealing with this not me. I did not arrange the courier and there are majorproblems with this - which Argos needs to look into. I kept calling Argos backto no avail. I asked to speak to a manager each time was told I would get acall back.
I finally got through to the resolution department;an agent from there told me should 'sort it out for me'. After being hours on the phone, she told meshe would call back. I explained to herthat I had been told this by many other agents. She promised she would help.The next day I got a missed call, no number was left on my voicemail. I called Argosback immediately and they accessed my account. I gave them the reference number the agent from the so called resolutionsdepartment left, explained there was no number that was left. They told me the agent did not leave any notes besidethe reference number and a number. They gave me that number to ring. THISNUMBER WAS FOR UK MAIL. This is not the delivery company that picked my parcelto be returned.
I kept calling Argos back asking to speakto a manager. After weeks of asking for this, I finally got through to someone.The person I got through to is a team leader. He informed me he would look into the situation. He was extremely sympathetic, most of the agents were butthis particular team leader really seemed to understand the severity of mysituation. A couple days later I got acall from the team leader; he informed me, he spoke to finance department. Theyare refusing to give me arefund as there’s no proof of yodel coming to collect a parcel worth £394.00. I was extremely disappointed by this. Theteam leader said to get proof and that l would need to get CCTV footage. Hesaid I would need to ask my neighbours & my local council for CCTV footage!None of my neighbours have CCTV footage. It costs to request CCTV footage fromthe council. What exactly does Argos expect from using such a horrible deliveryservice voted the worst courier company! My family are actually putting CCTV cameras in place very soon. I hopeto never encounter a situation like this. For this amount of money, I should havebeen more careful. But I honestly didnot expect NOT to be given a receipt. I don’t blame my sister, but at that timei was actually unable to go downstairs to open the door.
A receiptshould have been asked for and given. i agree that this part is crucial as Inow have no proof and that’s why CCTV is being requested. But I’ve been an Argoscustomer for years. I have returnedlaptops and all other sorts. I never hadto return something because of an Argos app glitch that sent me an order thatwas not even confirmed and sent 6 instead- of 1. The whole receipt issue can beexplained, as I've returned many things to Argos via deliver and 9/10 neverneeded or requested a receipt from the delivery person. Up till now, never hadissue with this sort of thing. Except this time, it’s Yodel. It is extremely deceitful to say they did not pick up a parcel; I never even wanted to purchase.They did pick the parcel as i or no other person would have a need for 6 keyfinders that only works if you’re in close proximity to your item. It’s acheaper version of an actual key finder and it is easily found of one does asimple Google search there are hundreds of better alternatives. I onlypurchased this item because i needed a key finder quite quickly, worse thing isI only needed one. But the argos app was showing they only had 1 item left oneminute, then the next none were available. So I then had to purchase a BOX OF 4KEY FINDERS, which do not work very well. That’s £64.99 per box, of I didn’t evenwant. It was a glitch on an Argos app,not only that but my contract is with Argos, NOT yodel. I cannot pay for these 'lost' items- I neverpurchased. It was delivered to my house when I was told the order was cancelled. Why I am being asked to chase up CCTV footagewhich is next to impossible? As if I have not spent enough time and money onchasing Argos for a refund that is rightfully mine. I've contacted citizen’s advicewho has informed me I need to make a small court claims. This will cost moretime and money. I think what has happened is extremely wrong. I cannot request CCTV footage as its costsand neighbours don’t have it. Argosneeds to refund me my money as soon as possible. Not only that I would like toask for compensation for all the hassle and stress I’ve been put through for somethingI was not even arriving to my house.
Does anyone know what I can do other thanwhat citizens advice has proposed, which is a huge thing. I can’t go to a smallclaims court right now because of my health the stress would be too much. Butmaybe in 3 months by then – will it be too long?

Comments

• Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ask exertis where the parcel is

Contact form at the bottom of this page

https://www.exertis.co.uk/locations-uk.php

They are fulfilment partners for Argos so it's quite possible they picked up the parcel.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry that's too much and too concentrated.

Can you post a few factual bullet points or summarise what the issue is?
  • Lorian
    items ordered by mistake.
    items delivered and accepted by family member
    Return to argos got picked up eventually, but from family member
    Some doubt over which carrier picked it up
    Text messages indicate exteris picked it up, but family member thinks it was Yodel.
    Return not received by Argos
    Argos wont refund.

Something like that anyway :-)
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Who chose the return method? Was it you or Argos?
  • Lorian
    Who chose the return method? Was it you or Argos?

Argos - its in the fine print.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Lorian wrote: »
    Argos - its in the fine print.

This OP is in the fine print and you know nobody ever reads the fine print.
  • ayesha87
    Lol thanks i known the post is long. Sorry.
    Argos arranged the delivery I don't know what to do anymore.....
  • ayesha87
    edited 7 October 2017 at 3:03PM
    Speaking to Argos right now the team leader I spoke to earlier gave me a number to call...I just called it's right back to the delivery department the nerve of these people...I get it I don't have a record that's my fault but like I said I've returned stuff before without recipient and got refunded back!
    This agent I'm speaking to just now is just reading my notes and repeating what the finance department is saying...They're refusing to give me a refund . The agent told me to write it in a letter lol I've already done this and now will send it off. I regret not getting proof of return but more so relying on Argos not once but twice to help me? I should of done a complaint ages ago. I'll do that now but does anyone have any advice in the mean time? And please no sarcasm I already know the stupidity of relying on a business to help me -that was stupid. I should of got the reciept .... I just thought because it's Argos fault they sent me 6 boxes instead of the 1 I ordered they would rectify their mistake lol. I then made a mistake on top of it so they think they can just make me pay over £300.... it's now been nearly 80 days!!
    I would never recommend yodel to anyone...ever. any nice advice lol?
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    presumably you printed a returns label to send this back? Do you have this somewhere still in an email perhaps
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    ayesha87 wrote: »
    Speaking to Argos right now the team leader I spoke to earlier gave me a number to call...I just called it's right back to the delivery department the nerve of these people...I get it I don't have a record that's my fault but like I said I've returned stuff before without recipient and got refunded back!
    This agent I'm speaking to just now is just reading my notes and repeating what the finance department is saying...They're refusing to give me a refund . The agent told me to write it in a letter lol I've already done this and now will send it off. I regret not getting proof of return but more so relying on Argos not once but twice to help me? I should of done a complaint ages ago. I'll do that now but does anyone have any advice in the mean time? And please no sarcasm I already know the stupidity of relying on a business to help me -that was stupid. I should of got the reciept .... I just thought because it's Argos fault they sent me 6 boxes instead of the 1 I ordered they would rectify their mistake lol. I then made a mistake on top of it so they think they can just make me pay over £300.... it's now been nearly 80 days!!
    I would never recommend yodel to anyone...ever. any nice advice lol?

Keep your letter brief and to the point as in Lorian's post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure