Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Octobers Workplace auto-enrolment

Hi, previously i was offered to join my employers workplace pension scheme in which i naively, refused.

At the moment I am not part of any pension scheme, but i know i need to be.

So What now?

With this new government drive in the workplace pension, will this give me the second chance i need?

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just contact your hr department. It's likely you can join at any time. The sooner the better, as far as pensions are concerned. Especially true if employer contributes too. If I pay 7% into mine, my employ pays 13%. I see that as a bargain not to be missed. Not to mention the tax advantages.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • MCB41N72 wrote: »
    With this new government drive in the workplace pension, will this give me the second chance i need?

Once auto-enrolment applies to your employer, they will have to put you in their pension scheme if you meet the criteria. Even if you don't, they will have to allow you to opt-in, if you ask.

Before then, whether or not you can join depends on the rules of the scheme.

As Bossymoo (great user ID :D) says, talk to HR or payroll if you want to join now.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure