Mizmir's 10 month challenge!

Comments

• mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Running out of fuel I suppose - but that is easily fixed by making sure there is plenty in there. And there are no toll roads within miles! ;)
  • mizmir
    Debt-free and Proud!
    A few more things ticked off the list. Just got to get sorted for class then finish the rest later.
    Dinner tonight will be the remains of yesterday's veggie curry so all sorted - and another NSD - 5th in a row.

All good.
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    i'd dread leaving my purse at home if I was in the car, unless i'm only going to my parents.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lemon_Tree wrote: »
    i'd dread leaving my purse at home if I was in the car, unless i'm only going to my parents.

I always make sure I have fuel and I'm in the AA so what's the worst that could happen?
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • mizmir
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Just back and we survived with NSD in tact. Now for dinner and finishing off the odd bits and bobs.
  • mizmir
    Debt-free and Proud!
    List completed! And another NSD. Happy with that.

Night all.
  • mizmir
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 8 August 2017 at 6:35PM
    Very excited this morning to find an extra £350 in my account this morning. A royalty payment for a text book I wrote back in the 90s which is still selling a little. But this was outside the normal payment cycle so I suspect they may have sold the rights for another language edition! Anyway - no doubt they will let me know eventually but nice to have the extra money. Have already set it to work in YNAB against my goals. All looking good.

Today will be a getting ready for family to descend day with a client to see in the middle of it and a bit more work to do for my regular members. Had hoped to cut the lawn but it is pouring down here! Still will include it in my list in the hope it will be possible!
    • Work for members
    • [STRIKE]See client[/STRIKE]
    • Make up spare beds
    • Clean bathrooms
    • Tidy round
    • [STRIKE]Shopping for fresh stuff[/STRIKE]
    • Cut lawn

Will need some shopping today so my NSD run must come to an end. But 5 days is not a bad start.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Wow! Wow to how late you worked last night, and wow to having a textbook that still sells after all those years - congratulations!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • mizmir
    Debt-free and Proud!
    First published 1993. Last edition 2004. Still selling. I am amazed especially as it is in a technology area which has moved on so much! But I guess there is still a lot of the principles that haven't changed that much. Just realised it is almost 25 years since it first came out! :eek::eek:
  • mizmir
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Pretty unproductive day really - haven't got much done except my client work and shopping. And completely knackered now after 2 hour round trip to client! Still family don't arrive until tomorrow afternoon so there is time to catch up in the morning. Maybe I should have an evening off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure