Tales from The Shire

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm halfway through your previous thread and up pops another. Wishing you well in your new home. I hope it's everything you want. I shall look forward to your posts.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Good Morning Fortune

I'm extremely late to the party, but I'd like to wish you and Mr Fortune health and happiness in your new home.

Hope your exploring today (? I think?) yields some unexpected treasure - or perhaps just a good place for lunch :D

Looking forward to hearing all about your new adventures :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • I'm very excited about your new diary!

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures and mortgage slaying.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Enjoy your exploring, hope that you find a good lunch stop.

I am :j:j , we have had a little rain this morning, first for ages, according to The Shire radio it is due to clear through and return later and tomorrow, it has been looking a bit parched in the southern end of the county.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Yay for new diary! :j :beer:
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sounds wonderful...bliss :)

And the butterflies..so very special :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Hello,another one along for the ride. Loving that you're still keeping fun money on the go.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    So many visitors :D Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

We had a lovely day out yesterday. So nice to have a break from cleaning and unpacking.

We went to a local visitor attraction which was free entry and gave us lots of decor ideas for the future. Then into the market town to do some chores and have lunch. We found a pub which served the best fish and chips I've ever tasted along with a decent glass of red and a local ale for Mr F. And only two thirds of the cost of the same meal down south :T

Later we walked the footpath to our new local and had a light supper and another glass of red and local ale :o The reviews for this one said it was expensive and I think it probably is for the area but no more so than our previous local. The food was good and there was plenty of it. That's the last of the fun money for July though.

Today's jobs included cleaning the landing and unpacking books. Lots of little bits and pieces have been delivered to help make life a bit easier and the house is starting to feel more like home. The costs are adding up though and I'm getting close to my budget so am giving careful consideration to any further purchases. We have managed to salvage the house sign and move it to a more logical site so it lives to fight another day :rotfl:

It's pouring with rain here but all seems dry so far. I think the house is going to be cosy. It seems very well insulated.

Hope you're all warm and dry tonight

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    You're sounding quite settled already, which is lovely to read :) Glad you managed to salvage the sign :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    It is so lovely to think that after all the planning and waiting you are finally there. Brilliant. I wish you every happiness in The Shires :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family