PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning all - I do have a bit of a tan Monna but not much. Quite overcast and two days of gales but the sun did come out the second week. I'm on a mission now. The house needs a good clean, DH does clean up but our puss sheds hair in clumps and he doesn't seem to notice it very often. I also need to start clearing the RoD and list some stuff on fleabay. Boat comes out next weekend so there's another list in the making and the diary is beginning to ramp up towards C*****mas. I'm back in our local age concern tomorrow morning to help with IT for a couple of hours - and breathe!
    Fuddle - glad you've got a diagnosis and something to work on - hugs
    Ivy - know how you feel as I forget to take my £20.00 out of the till in A**a - needless to say it didn't get handed in, makes you want to spit doesn't it - as you say,hope the person needs it more than you.
    DH has just made me a coffee so better drink that and roll up my sleeves
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sheila how lovely to hear from you again and glad your husband (Gary isn't it) is still enjoying his home and keeping well. 60 chickens!!!! Wow my sis kept chickens, ducks and Rheas for a while but not to that extent good on you will keep you busy.
    Fuddle glad to hear you are home and resting up and looking after yourself.
    Ivyleaf sorry about the jumpers such an easy thing to do but so frustrating.
    We are just back from afternoon tea at the Langham v posh and not mse at all but such a lovely treat. Have come back to hotel (Travelodge not lost all my OS ways lol) for a rest then back out later. Doing the Harry Potter experience tomorrow then not sure for Friday will wait and see.
    Hugs to anyone who needs one xx
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 October 2017 at 4:23PM
    Thanks maryb - I tried the desk in the food hall first, but they didn't have it. Then I tried upstairs at customer services/lost property but it hadn't found its way there, so I tried both desks again the next morning, and also the payment desk in the womenswear dept.
    In the end, we went to Bluewater this morning and I was able to replace them, with my voucher from DD put towards the cost. The replacements are now tucked safely in my wardrobe.

It was frustrating to have to buy some new ones this year, but I usually bought my jumpers at BHS, and the ones I already had look rather sorry for themselves these days. I did get two last year as well though, so i should be all right for a few years now!

shanks77
    I'm glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea :) Hope you have fun at HP!

silvasava :mad: at losing your £20! My DD did the same once, one day when she wasn't feeling well. Thankfully her son was with her and he asked in some confusion whether she wasn't going to take her money!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    This is where I am so glad that I live in a village. I left £50 in the cash point outside our little Co-op. I didn't realise what I'd done until I went to pay at the cash desk. I fell apart and the cashier patted my hand and told me to stop fretting, someone had brought it in. She said that it often happened.
    My guardian Angel was on full alert that day.

Nothing exciting happening here. I've been through the house rendering spiders homeless and polishing doorknobs, anything to make it look inviting to the prospective buyer. DS2 is coming tomorrow to mow the grass and remove a few things destined for the tip.. Just generally tarting up the place.

Thought for today.

Age is a high price to pay for maturity.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Fuddle take care of yourself, you too burtha.
    The Windows are closed, the curtains are drawn, there is no heating on but it's nice and warm on the boat. I have to go out in the rain to collect CHS at 9:30 when his shift finishes, until then it's crochet, a cup of tea and the radio.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Thank you and i hope your well...x
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • Nice to meet you too...x
  • Thank you for the welcome back..x
  • Thank you , its nice to be back....Ive had chickens for years and to me its so easy looking after them , the worst bit is mucking out I suppose , but i get a nice satisfied feeling when its all done and the hens have lovely clean straw in their boxes...x
  • Thanks lyn for the welcome back.......Yes I still have Bo the terrier , hes 12 now.........Sorry to hear about docky , arh bless him .......x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure