HSL market system is a scam

Comments

• Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,930 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 June 2018 at 4:38PM
    DoaM wrote: »
    (Not reading back through the whole thread) ... How much was the software and how much was the "database"? Each needs to be £100+ for S75 to apply.

Both were well above that. You don't have to read back through the whole thread, plenty of posters on this page say how much they paid.
    Unless the poster is still within 120 days (I think) from initial purchase then chargeback is not an option.
    [STRIKE]Not correct. It's 120 days from when you could reasonably have been aware there was a problem.[/STRIKE] It's less clear-cut than I thought - MSE and Which contradict each other on this point. (MSE says the date of purchase and Which says the date you became aware of a breach of contract.) Chargebacks are less clear-cut than Section 75 because it's based on the card provider's policy, not UK law. I tried to find Visa's official policy but had no luck.

In any case PJ1981 said he was using a section 75 claim, not chargeback, so it's not relevant anyway. With section 75 claims the only time limit is a six-year long stop and that's not anywhere near applicable.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Regarding chargeback, I was responding on that because YOU raised it in post #150. ;)

I don't know for sure, but any time I've seen anyone comment about chargeback time limits they've all said it is from date of purchase. But you're right - it's entirely up to the provider's policy. This link suggests it's from receipt of goods (if delivery is later than purchase) - see VCR Dispute Reason Code 13.3 Time Limit Modifiers.
  • BigScot
    BigScot Posts: 9 Forumite
    Has anyone any updates as I am not on facebook?
  • there are updates but this is an open forum so anyone can view this thread, good guys and bad guys!!
    I suggest you pm the members here whom situation is comparable to you own, ie what method of payment you used!
  • simonbf
    simonbf Posts: 2 Newbie
    I only found this forum after Googling "HSL" as I too have paid for software and for the lifetime data package from LSE. £3,995 + £899 = £4,894. Ironically, when I first couldn't get through to the analysts, I started working out my own trades. Can you guess which ones turned a small profit? Yep, my own trades... All that has stopped too, as the data downloads aren't available now...
  • simonbf
    simonbf Posts: 2 Newbie
    I meant to ask... "What is the next step if I paid by debit card?
  • clubconsoles
    clubconsoles Posts: 53 Forumite
    you need to pm Owena1 on this thread, he will direct you from there, that's all i can say as anyone can read stuff posted here!!
  • I've been slow to find this the thread as i thought all was lost when everything went quiet a couple of months ago. If others believe a section 75 claim can work i'm interested to understand the process. I'm happy to join facebook page or whatever to find a resolution. Thanks,
  • Has anyone bought the system and managed to get their money back??
  • What if you paid by bank transfer??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure