Slight Drop in Oil Prices

I have finally noticed a drop in oil prices over the last couple of days! Since I moved into my house at Easter we have been reluctant to fill up and it's down to 48.63 on Boilerjuice (with no local haggling either yet) - this is the lowest it has been for us yet. Is everyone else holding out hoping for some further price drops. We still have a quarter tank - though we haven't determined our tank size yet! But we can hold out for cheaper....

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes. I put in 500 litres in April as I was right down to zero (2500 tank) and now waiting for the summer 'price drop'.

Unfortunately world events are keeping prices up, but I'm going to hold on and see what happens.
  • G_M wrote: »
    Yes. I put in 500 litres in April as I was right down to zero (2500 tank) and now waiting for the summer 'price drop'.

Unfortunately world events are keeping prices up, but I'm going to hold on and see what happens.

Yes I'm holding tight. I think our tank is 1000 only so I'm hoping when we do fill up it will last a while but as we haven't experienced winter or oil usage we have absolutely no idea how much we will use!
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've been holding on for a couple of months, just using oil to heat water. The rise in oil prices has been an example of speculation and manipulation and I'm sick of being ripped off in that way.
  • A._Badger wrote: »
    I've been holding on for a couple of months, just using oil to heat water. The rise in oil prices has been an example of speculation and manipulation and I'm sick of being ripped off in that way.

Same here, though in the main we have just been having electric showers and when we put the water on the tank and water days warm for a good 48 hours ....

I miss gas!
  • NeilForth
    NeilForth Posts: 14 Forumite
    It is going to start going up soon if the Government's proposed 10-year phase-out plan of oil burning appliances starts in 2020 as planned.

Neil M. MCIPHE RP RHP EngTech
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport