Sky Mobile

Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Irresponsible lending only applies to loans. Affordability checks only apply to loans. Can you tell me what loan you took out when you signed up to a mobile phone contract?

No get out trying to go that route. Get used to having £140 a month less than you used to do and five contracts you can't use the call, text and data allowance on for the next 2 years.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Irresponsible lending only applies to loans. Affordability checks only apply to loans. Can you tell me what loan you took out when you signed up to a mobile phone contract?

No get out trying to go that route. Get used to having £140 a month less than you used to do and five contracts you can't use the call, text and data allowance on for the next 2 years.

They were already over £10k in debt. I doubt they’ll be paying these extra bills either.

Of course I doubt any of this actually happened, school holidays and all.
  • Lewys
    Lewys Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    What are the circumstances that lead you to taking out these contracts?

Being £10,000 in debt does not mean you won't pass credit checks. You could have £100,000 in debt and you could still pass their credit checks. Having debt doesn't necessarily stop you getting more.

Your post seems a bit veiled.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In a word NO, but irresponsible acting on your behalf. Mobile phones on the whole cannot be seen the same way as borrowing money, they are on the whole service level agreements not covered by the Credit Consumer Act (some are, but most aren't).
    So if you thought you were smart because you could sell the phones and hopefully get out of paying, you will likely be sorely disappointed. With non trivial amounts involved if you cannot maintain them, and as this is posted in the credit file section will not look good. They may be sold on to DCA who will report to CRA's if Sky don't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure