PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Yep, we were asked to provide ours and just said to the vendor to look them up and they were happy to do this and saved so much time ..shame the people who own the house we are buying didn't realise this because they held off just because of 1 silly cert when all the windows are coming out anyway !
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just waiting for our buyer's searches to come through, and then we should exchange in the next 10 days, and we have a tentative completion date of 9th Feb. Woohoo!
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • RXT156
    RXT156 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all!!
    Solicitor emailed today saying that we are awaiting the last enquiry from the sellers solicitor when I can go in and sign EEK!!! Progress!! Woohoooo!!!

How long usually is it that you exchange after signing?

The end is in sight 😀
  • chazzab
    chazzab Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Yay for good news for some of you! It’s the weekend so you can breathe now if only for two days.
    Good news is our buyer has been told to send all her monies over to her solicitor as we ticked off the last outstanding enquiry today - yay! The buyer is off on holiday so needed to be ready for exchange while she’s away.

We are still clock watching waiting for our vendor to get back in the country on the 20th then will be hounding them like a dog to get back to their solicitor. Frustrating as it’s really simple questions to ask but as he’s elderly I don’t think he has access to email whilst he is away.

I don’t want to jinx things, but since the buyer is set ready to go... and nothing our vendor comes back with should stop the sale.... is it premature to start packing !! I’ll behave and not touch it but it’s so so tempting.
  • JaneyLouWho
    Options
    Ooh we’ve had positive movement today!! I’m joining in on the gins! Buyers are happy to proceed after a bit of meet in the middle activity post-survey, vendors are ready to sign for their onward purchase, the vendors of which are moving into rented. My solicitor is waiting on a few forms that our vendors solicitor hadn’t made him aware were requested. And we have agreed to buy the cooker! We might be in a position to sign contracts next week! I’m also interested in the question above, how long after signing do you then wait to exchange?
    For anyone else lurking on this thread, I fully recommend direct contact with your buyers/vendors if possible, rather than relying on solicitors and estate agents. We’ve been waiting weeks for some info that took less than half an hour to obtain when we went direct.
  • Trezza1985
    Options
    Hi all got a question.
    Got a £1000 retention on mortgage offer to have inspected before exchange.
    Have had this done an came back with £2900 for repairs.
    Renegotiated and got a £2000 drop on purchase price.

My question is will this remove the retention or will I get a retention of £2900 because of the quote .
    Thanks
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    RXT156 wrote: »
    Hi all!!
    Solicitor emailed today saying that we are awaiting the last enquiry from the sellers solicitor when I can go in and sign EEK!!! Progress!! Woohoooo!!!

How long usually is it that you exchange after signing?

The end is in sight 😀

We pre-signed the contracts a few weeks ago (selling and buying) - the solicitor is holding them till all parties are ready, and then they coordinate so it all happens and money changes hands.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • SassySaver88
    Options
    Evening Everyone...

Congrats Man and Kate :):)

Good and Bad News...

Spent all day on the phone to the Lord and his Mum today....
    Sellers were meant to get their ID checked at 2pm prior to exchange...they didnt answer their calls till 3pm
    Sellers Sols werent very fast on returning calls either so left it to late to exchange.
    But solictors confirmed completion date is next friday so can draw funds and we will "offically" exchange on Monday :)

Hope everyones ok??
    xx
  • SassySaver88
    Options
    Another thought I have just had....
    Is there a thread for after completion where we can all talk about our new homes??

I dont think im ready to move on yet :)
    If not...can we make one? lol
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 January 2018 at 2:21PM
    Options
    well i had to call my sol 3x yesterday just to get some progress. In despair called them aft 430pm for any update...which they said waiting for vendor sol to reply regarding clearing the restriction on convenant. Something i have been asking for since start of December still not resolved!!! I told my sol major risk of completion in 2 weeks not being achieved.
    :(
    DAK think its worth texting the vendor to ask him what is the holdup, and this unresolved issue could delay the process? No chain either side, but he is buying an vacant house, and his sol made it clear last week final completion date is no later than 26th Jan!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback