PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 9th January 2018

Comments

• HollyHarvey,
    Thanks for starting the thread and thanks to everyone who has made the effort to post.

I woke up 7:45 a.m. coughing fit to bust & feeling like someone was using a grater on my throat!
    Dressing gown on & a blackcurrant Bee...ms within ten minutes. Hope it helps!

Mind you the potential illness has been a spur to get a move on. One kitchen cupboard emptied & to be sorted. Wheelie case, hold-all & carrier bag filled ready for first visit of the year to cs (on the bus oh joy of joys) Just about to get ready to go out to cs & then straight home for baking, soup & scone making & sorting of contents of emptied cupboard.

Positive & wellness vibes to all,

Mrs SD:)

Success - cs delivery made - 1hr 20m round trip! Just sitting down with a coffee before getting on with the rest of my list.

Mrs SD:j
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Judi could you paint it so it is less obtrusive?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,756 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Judi wrote: »
    Well done!

Any ideas as to what i can do to this clock to make it more 'bedroomy?'

IMG_20170722_222336.jpg

Grump bought me this clock the weekend but refuses to get rid of the old one.
    IMG-20180107-_WA0005.jpg
    He wont stick it in the shed with the rest of the junk, ive retrieved it off the wardrobe where he slung it. Ive tried persuading him to have it put up on his side of the home office (i hate the thing) but he wants to put it up in the bedroom but not only does it not belong in a bedroom, it means that when i eventually replace the bedroom furniture it looks like i'll have to match it to the damned clock and i dont like old things.

Take a screwdriver to it's insides and tell him that he must have broken it putting it up on the wardrobe? Is there space in the hall for it? It looks more like a hall clock to me.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Take a screwdriver to it's insides and tell him that he must have broken it putting it up on the wardrobe? Is there space in the hall for it? It looks more like a hall clock to me.
    it is a hall clock but our hall isnt suitable for it so its been stuck in the living room for 20+ years. At one time it did blend in with the colour scheme we had but now it sticks out like a sore thumb hence persuading him to buy the new clock but he wont let go of the old one. If i sabotage it he will still put it up. The more i argue the more he will dig his heels in. I wonder if he will let me paint it white.

He hates change unless he's instigated it himself.
  • Nelski - I wish I could blame that!
    nannywindow - Thanks for checking, and something which I hadn't considered. The problem is, the finance company have to physically drive the car away and so, it would have to have an MOT. It seems one of those things which I need to suck up and do.
    Judi - Aside from painting, I'm at a loss.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Speky - can the finance company not bring a low loader for the old car so you can SORN it?

First day back and there was loads to deal with, challenging students being ultra challenging, miserable students being ultra uncommunicative, tons of emails and some lovely colleagues being very supportive. A right mixed bag!

I've had another portion of my over-salted chicken, only one more left for tomorrow.

Sorry Judi - I haven't got any suggestions for the clock that Grumpy would like and only a couple that you would.

It's not been as cold today, perhaps spring is creeping slowly up on us.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Floss wrote: »
    Judi could you paint it so it is less obtrusive?

That was my thought too Floss....you could paint it white Judi then crackle spray it .....very shabby chic :D or just bin it and put up his moans for a while :D
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,756 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Judi wrote: »
    it is a hall clock but our hall isnt suitable for it so its been stuck in the living room for 20+ years. At one time it did blend in with the colour scheme we had but now it sticks out like a sore thumb hence persuading him to buy the new clock but he wont let go of the old one. If i sabotage it he will still put it up. The more i argue the more he will dig his heels in. I wonder if he will let me paint it white.

He hates change unless he's instigated it himself.

It's such a pity you don't mind Livewire so much any more. I'm sure it would be finished with if Livewire played with it by accident :rotfl:
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That clock definitely needs to have an accident Judi!

Specky, can you take the car to the dealership before the MOT is due and they can collect it from there?

This afternoon has been a struggle, I'm so tired! Must find something to occupy myself with this evening so I can keep going until about 9.

Sounds like a mixed bag of a day for you Gers, sounds like a cosy wine and log burner evening would help.
  • Judi wrote: »
    Well done!

Any ideas as to what i can do to this clock to make it more 'bedroomy?'

IMG_20170722_222336.jpg

Grump bought me this clock the weekend but refuses to get rid of the old one.
    IMG-20180107-_WA0005.jpg
    He wont stick it in the shed with the rest of the junk, ive retrieved it off the wardrobe where he slung it. Ive tried persuading him to have it put up on his side of the home office (i hate the thing) but he wants to put it up in the bedroom but not only does it not belong in a bedroom, it means that when i eventually replace the bedroom furniture it looks like i'll have to match it to the damned clock and i dont like old things.

Judi, have you or Grump got any friends who actually like the clock? Maybe it could be a gift?
    Otherwise I am at a loss.

Mrs SD:huh:
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure