PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    markh1965 wrote: »
    My line of thought is if they had not mentioned it i would not have took it out,or is that just wishful thinking.
    Certainly not thinking that will get the Bank to overturn the rejection of your complaint.
  • markh1965
    markh1965 Posts: 78
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So bottom line is accept decision and move on
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,041
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My line of thought is if they had not mentioned it i would not have took it out,or is that just wishful thinking.

What evidence do you have to support that allegation? They havent found anything to support it. So, do you have anything?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • markh1965
    Forumite
    In 1997 when i took mortage out im pretty sure i would not have known what ppi was unless it was explained to myself at time of mortage app.and made to sound a good extra.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,041
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    In 1997 when i took mortage out im pretty sure i would not have known what ppi was unless it was explained to myself at time of mortage app.and made to sound a good extra.

What evidence do you have to support that allegation?

Plus, what makes you think it isnt a good extra?

Most MPPI complaints fail. It is one of two types of PPI still retailed today. It is very easy to make it sound like a good extra. However, verbal conversations are difficult to prove. There has to be evidence or enough to suggest that you were missold.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • markh1965
    Forumite
    Obviously i have no evidence of what was said at time of meeting.and with lapse of time any paperwork has also been destroyed.as there saying the ppi was in place to cover any work package i had at that stage.im just looking to see if theres any avenue that i havnt went down.
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    Obviously i have no evidence
    You said it yourself at post #36874
    So bottom line is accept decision and move on
  • markh1965
    Forumite
    So put this down to experience.hope this will help people with queries on mppi.also thru these forums i did the claim myself and no need for middlemen.again thanks for all replies.
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    So put this down to experience.hope this will help people with queries on mppi.also thru these forums i did the claim myself and no need for middlemen.again thanks for all replies.
    You can still refer your complaint to the Ombudsman, but just be aware that you face an uphill battle; given your stated reasons for complaint..
  • theirmum
    theirmum Posts: 65
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    So I took my complaint to the FO because Barclaycard had said I had PPi on he account but they could see no payments. I had no documents and this dated back to 1996 but i knew I used the card so if PPI was there I would have paid some! The FO went back to Barclaycard and their reason was that they no longer had any documentation so couldn't say if I did or didn't pay any. They have today through the FO offered me (as a goodwill gesture) £1237.70p as an average of what they would expect to payout on a card with the limited I had!! I am over the moon as I could prove nothing!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback