• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on the surveys.

Hope DD has an amazing evening

Fingers crossed for monday xx
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    Good luck with the interview. If you look good, you feel good and that will help. I sympathise with the hairdresser situation, it bores me to tears sitting there having my hair done. Luckily my DIL is a hairdresser so I get mine done in exchange for babysitting, but even so I still dislike having it done.
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How you feeling about tomorrow Hun? Much planned for today?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

Missy - I'm a bit nervous but no need to be really, I've had so many of them over the the past few years. Hopefully they'll realise that I'm perfect and won't interview anyone else :)

Plans for today:

Quidco for car insurances and boiler cover
    Order kids school photos
    Cooking of some description
    Usual washing and ironing
    Nip to Tesco with DD for cream and the LOL doll

I bought a beef joint yesterday but can't decide wether to do a pie with it or a roast. We had roast beef last week.

DD had fun last night and has said she'd go next year, one of the things I'm going to try and save up for.

Back later x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Make sure you focus on your good qualities purplemum and why they would suit you to this particular role. Also which of your skills makes you perfect for this job :)

Have you thought of any questions to ask them, because they always say that don't they? I hate it when they say "Tell me about yourself". It's hard to know where to begin and how much detail to give :mad:

Have a great day and try and schedule in some rest, so you are fresh and raring to go tomorrow. Interviewers like candidates who seem confident and have a lot of positive energy :)

Sorry if I'm telling you stuff that seems obvious to you, just trying to be helpful :o

Good luck!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry if I'm telling you stuff that seems obvious to you, just trying to be helpful :o

Good luck!

Thanks Hairy, very helpful xxx
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow, will be thinking about you and wishing you well x
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 October 2017 at 9:18PM
    Options
    Hope tomorrow goes well.

I do a lot of interviewing - things to avoid are fairly obvious - being negative about current job or boss is oddly common but damaging. Saying you would break your notice - if you would do it for me, then you would do it to me! Be enthusiastic about what you do.

What have you achieved this year that you are proud of? I was so 'grr angry' about my hated job that I couldn't answer that without much thought.

Read the job description thoroughly, see what skills/competencies they want and use those buzz words. I often ask what people think they would be doing on a day to day basis in that job. If its competency based they want specific examples, not 'I would' but 'I did'. Go easy on the 'we' did too.

'Talk me through your experience', focus on recent, relevant stuff, and skim the earlier stuff unless really relevant.

Q's from you - these can be adapted to most interviews.
    Why does the vacancy exist?
    if its new - why did they decide to invest now, what return do they hope to see?
    If a replacement - If I could do something differently to the previous post holder what would it be?
    Why did you, Ms Interviewer, join X company? Why are you still here? (Watch the body language! Crossed arms, looking down - run for the hills)
    If I took this role what would you see as the key focus for the role in the first few months? (gets them to visualise you in the role)
    How would you describe the culture of the department?
    How would you describe your management style?

Hope this gives you a few ideas

Can you check them on linked in? I see you worked for x can break the ice nicely.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Interviewers like candidates who seem confident and have a lot of positive energy :)
    !

Absolutely, enthuse and I wake up and respond.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope tomorrow goes well.

I do a lot of interviewing - things to avoid are fairly obvious - being negative about current job or boss is oddly common but damaging. Saying you would break your notice - if you would do it for me, then you would do it to me! Be enthusiastic about what you do.

What have you achieved this year that you are proud of? I was so 'grr angry' about my hated job that I couldn't answer that without much thought.

Read the job description thoroughly, see what skills/competencies they want and use those buzz words. I often ask what people think they would be doing on a day to day basis in that job. If its competency based they want specific examples, not 'I would' but 'I did'. Go easy on the 'we' did too.

'Talk me through your experience', focus on recent, relevant stuff, and skim the earlier stuff unless really relevant.

Q's from you - these can be adapted to most interviews.
    Why does the vacancy exist?
    if its new - why did they decide to invest now, what return do they hope to see?
    If a replacement - If I could do something differently to the previous post holder what would it be?
    Why did you, Ms Interviewer, join X company? Why are you still here? (Watch the body language! Crossed arms, looking down - run for the hills)
    If I took this role what would you see as the key focus for the role in the first few months? (gets them to visualise you in the role)
    How would you describe the culture of the department?
    How would you describe your management style?

Hope this gives you a few ideas

Can you check them on linked in? I see you worked for x can break the ice nicely.

Thanks Red, something to think about on the train xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport