Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Vortigern wrote: »
    What's your effective interest rate after paying for all those stamps?

I can view my accounts online and I don't bother with passbook updates other than by annual visit to a nearby branch when I happen to be passing that way.

its prepaid envelopes, I just fill out the forms include the cheque and the passbook, no cost apart from time writing the cheques out.

I live nowhere near a branch so I cant update in person, like I do with Virgin.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I do not need to monthly balance update on my saving as I could easily see it online.

By it is good to know about prepaid envelope. How did you get a prepaid envelope ??

Would you mind telling
    They send one everytime you send them the passbook. They also include a withdrawal/closure slip and possibly a deposit slip.

There's also a freepost address on one of the old Carpetbagging threads.
  • patientperson
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    There's also a freepost address on one of the old Carpetbagging threads.

Perhaps Rpoints? .. this is the one I have used

http://www.rpoints.com/forum/f11/society-freepost-addresses-34511.html#post248183
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Could people who ever use this address
    Leeds BS
    FREEPOST LS465
    105 Albion Street
    Leeds
    LS1 5YY (online a/cs)

Please share their experience
  • youngretired
    Options
    Has anyone received their maturity letter for the Virgin Regular Saver that matures 20/10/2017?

I know it states that they will write with your options, but other companies send out their letters about 3 weeks to a month in advance and the maturity date is a fortnight from today. I'm only asking as my post seems to be delayed being delivered recently as can be 3 weeks from date of post.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Has anyone received their maturity letter for the Virgin Regular Saver that matures 20/10/2017?

I know it states that they will write with your options, but other companies send out their letters about 3 weeks to a month in advance and the maturity date is a fortnight from today. I'm only asking as my post seems to be delayed being delivered recently as can be 3 weeks from date of post.

Haven't had mine yet but not checked today's post yet.
  • patientperson
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Could people who ever use this address
    Leeds BS
    FREEPOST LS465
    105 Albion Street
    Leeds
    LS1 5YY (online a/cs)

Please share their experience

I used this address in April 2017 .. all was okay.

Another variant address is also shown by a google search which links to the Leeds BS website :

http://www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk/savings/open-account-by-post/

Leeds Building Society
    Freepost RTLC-TTTB-SBYS
    Leeds Building Society
    105 Albion Street
    Leeds
    LS1 5YY
  • flergalwit
    Options
    I think the 2% Nationwide account in post #4 has been withdrawn. At the very least, the link is broken and I can't find any reference to it on their site.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 October 2017 at 4:14PM
    Options
    flergalwit wrote: »
    I think the 2% Nationwide account in post #4 has been withdrawn. At the very least, the link is broken and I can't find any reference to it on their site.

It has been, it comes up under the find current and old interest rate and says that the account no longer accepts new applications. It was still £0-£500 a month, so whether they'll launch another limited to £250 in the future we will see.

Here's a link to the section I found the information on: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/rates-fees-charges/view-savings-rates
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

No, no letters here yet either!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure