PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Judellie
    Judellie Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, newbie here, please could I join in on this. Having added up last months spends on groceries only it was a horrible £480 for 2 adults and 3 boys age 10, 8, and 3, 2 rabbits and a tortoise! I've picked up loads of ideas from following last months thread, so am ready to go. I'll be doing from the 1st of the month and have a target of £350. Thank you Mrs M.
    Have a freezer full of stuff and the cupboards aren't too badly stocked.

Jude
    GC June: £350/405.56
    GC July: £350 spent
    [STRIKE]£22[/STRIKE]99.51
  • procrastinator
    Options
    June starts on Friday for me, my budget will be 200.00
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    My month doesnt finish til saturday, but i'm pretty confident i have enough in to do me til sunday when i have to shop again. I may have to buy food while out on saturday as i'm at a funeral/wake but i shall take that out of my personal money. I'm over budget but only a little and most of that was due to doing a big shop at tesco to take advantage of a money off voucher i had.

May declared as £193.31 spent from a target of £175, overspent by £18.31.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • Lizzieanne
    Lizzieanne Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I failed miserably in May (again! :mad: ) but as June approaches I feel positive again.

Please put me down for £375, MrsM - thank you!

And I promise I will try my hardest. Cross my heart and all that! Although the cat food situation isn't helping (puss has pancreatitis and is on Hills zd at £2.29 for a small tin! It's not available anywhere else except the vets, but he's also allowed white fish. Buying him cod and coley is actually cheaper than the tinned food, so he's currently enjoying a mixture of the two)

Good luck everyone. :beer:
    Mortgage Free as of 03/07/2017 :beer:
  • FelineFantastic
    Options
    Morning All- and hello fellow newbies! :j

Am going to switch to June now as I have declared my cross month budget as June rather than May- well it had to go somewhere! Have spent quite heavily to cover essentials but having tidied out the freezer I think that its veggies only for the next few weeks-- hurrah!

Also made Twinks Hobnobs, some Millies cookies and the wacky chocolate cake which is absolutely scrummy:T

Am just going to pop back to May to catch up on any recipes that I may have missed!:D

Congratulations Merfe!!
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just declared for May, then realised I need to get dog food on way home - Doh!:doh: Still, it is a giant bag and will last for ages, so will add it to Junes budget anyway, so already £19.30 gone and my month doesn't start till Friday!:o

Mrs M, forgot to say, I have looked at this smiley so many times and was looking forward to easter when I could use it - I love how you used it on your post - excellent! This sums me up with choccy and goodys so much! :rotfl:
    :EasterBun
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right, must try and actually keep a track of what I spend this month instead of giving up two weeks in :rolleyes:

My goal is £300 for the month - includes all food, cleaning stuff, toiletries etc. 2 Adults and 2 kids for half the week.

Got 2 wedding anniversary presents and an engagement present to get so the month will be expensive and will have to keep a check on the grocery budget :o
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Put me down for £150 for 2 adults :p

Happytails x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lizzieanne wrote: »
    I failed miserably in May (again! :mad: ) but as June approaches I feel positive again.

Please put me down for £375, MrsM - thank you!

And I promise I will try my hardest. Cross my heart and all that! Although the cat food situation isn't helping (puss has pancreatitis and is on Hills zd at £2.29 for a small tin! It's not available anywhere else except the vets, but he's also allowed white fish. Buying him cod and coley is actually cheaper than the tinned food, so he's currently enjoying a mixture of the two)

Good luck everyone. :beer:

Hi Lizzieanne,

Have you tried your local farm shop if you have one? I get my dog food from mine and have to get a sensitive one (he's a Rottweiler/Alsatian 1yr old pup and wolfs anything he can, walls & skirting included, but can't eat regular dog food - don't figure eh!)
    They sell loads of stuff cheaper than my vets and even cheaper than the online shops as I don't pay postage!

There is also a thread on last months GC regarding pet food, I will see if I can find it for you.

HLH
    Denise

Here is the info - originally posted by chocolateteddy:
    Hi have you ever thought of looking online to see if it is cheaper I looked into it thanks to someone on this forum and have ordered my cat food £5 cheaper (and I was already ordering online which was £5 cheaper than the vets!!! So a saving of £10 a bag:rotfl: ) they also do flea stuff and wormers The flea stuff the vet wanted to charge £31.95 :eek: and online it was £18.80 delivered:T I can't do links but have copied top line so you can find it Home » Forums > Home, Work & Play > MoneySaving in Marriages, Relationships & Families > Pets & Pet Care » Cheap and reliable online pet supplies

This will give you a list of links to look through and compare.
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • mama67
    mama67 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi have to finalise my spends for May, but would like to be in list for June for £180 again please Mrs Mc.

I have yet to catch up completely on Mays thread but will persevre.

Good luck to all this month.
    My self & hubby; 2 sons (28 & 25). Now also a daughter (36). Eldest son has his own house with partner & her 2 children (10 & 8)
    Youngest looking to buy a house end of 2024.
    Daughter married with 3 boys (11, 8 & 4).
    My mother always served up leftovers we never knew what the original meal was. - Tracey Ulman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure