PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 6 July 2019

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 6 July 2019 at 6:39AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 6 July 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one, those who are poorly, and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH and myself up and enjoying first cuppas, he's watching catchup tv. DS1 still in his pit, had a nice surprise yesterday that DS2 has been able to get some leave and is home for a few days - we go on holiday this morning - but we're going to come home a day early so we can spend some time with him. He wants to see his friends and our wider family so he'll be able to do that.

Sun shining brightly here this morning. I have a small load in the WM - will peg that out shortly.

Dinner last night was a takeaway - late as we went to meet DS2 from the station. I got everything done as I wanted yesterday. We'll be leaving for our hols late morning - as we can't get in to the accommodation until 3pm - so no point going too early, we'll leave and go straight to the SM to get some supplies.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,675 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Enjoy your holiday.

It's a bit damp here, it looks as though we have had a bit of drizzle overnight. No more forecast so that's the best time for it to come! Sunny spells they say and the horrendous wind of yesterday has died down a lot.

I think I might pop in town early doors this morning for a few bits from Body*are and the pound shop. Nothing vital if I feel I cba when it's time for the first bus into town at 9.00!

It's taken them a week but the birdies have now decided they can trust my new bird bath! Not actually seen any bathing in it yet but, after much dithering on the fence, I saw quite a few drinking from it yesterday!

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for the sad, worried, poorly or lonely and the MIA. We seem to have lost NELSKI this week, hope all is ok with her. Dp1 good news re your DGD hope she continues to do well. GERS you have given up a lot to care for DM and it's understandable you miss your life and friends at your own home. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,026 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning folks.

Seems bright outside again, last night the weather turned noticeably colder.

After my meltdown DM was much less demanding yesterday. The GP helped there, the voice of reason and calm. Anyway, she told DM that she (DM) was having difficulty eating because she was now anorexic and that makes accepting food a challenge. She's down to 7.5st and I can't see it increasing much.

This morning I'm doing the usual shopping run and have to collect more Ensure Compact bottles. I'll need to make more space somewhere.

When DM's crossword buddy arrives I'll be going out for a walk and probably visit a nearby friend.

My thoughts with all those who are sad or struggling. Happy Saturday to all.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    dp1, great news, she's a real little fighter isn't she.

Steve finished the patio yesterday and it's looking great. We just have the left hand side of the garden to overhaul which we have decided to do in the Autumn. It's got overgrown shrubs in it which do the small garden no favours. We shall leave a couple of small ones but the huge ceanothus which flowers for a week in May and then is just a green lump must go. Steve's sister bought it for us so we've hung on to it but I hate it.

Waitrose sent me some more £8 off a £40 shop vouchers for the third month running so I shall go and spend one and make a trip to the Lidl next door as well. Then the final lap of the dining/craft room clean which I've been chipping away at all week, I'm not the organised type who puts away everything as she goes.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Lovely bright day here again and its going to be another hot one, I think it was scarlett R yesterday saying that we must be further south than her, I am as far south as you can get really without being on the Isle Of Wight, so its always a bit warmer here the down side is we rarely get snow which I love, but the summers do tend to be good !

Ive lost another 1lb this week which makes my total 1st 5 lb I am getting there slowly, I still have 12 weeks till my holiday so a lb a week will do me !

Im going to clean through downstairs after this, hoover mop and polish, OH will do upstairs when he gets back, I will go shopping with dd and he can take the dog out we will either bbq here tonight or go to my sisters for a bbq either will be nice.

Methin I hope you are all ok I have been thinking about you xx

Gers I am glad mum is being a bit more cooperative !!

DP1 fingers crossed the baby has turned a corner xx

Have good days all xx
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all. Sunny here with a chance of a thinderstorm later. I have just washed the kitchen floor and I am taking a break while it dries. Then I will clean the bathroom.

DH has gone io take DD and dgs grocery shopping so all is quiet here.

Dumpling how did the floor laying go? Gers enjoy your walk today. Have a good holiday Nmlc. .Csarina glad DH is doing well at home. LW how's things. Hi Holly and Polly.

Well the floor is nearly dry so the bathroom beckons.

Have a good day folks.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Morning all, sorry for my patchiness which is a combination of having work to do and a rather elderly, unreliable tablet. It has decided that it doesn't like the browser I'm using.

Great news dp1.

I have more work to do today and need to scrub the kitchen floor. I've had to hang the newly washed bathmat on the line, I thought OH had taken it into the shower but no, he is back to showering like a walrus, soggymageddon in the bathroom.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 2,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Morning all. A nice day at home planned today. I'm keen to get on with a craft project but I have some chores to do first. A savings product I have matured this week and the financial institution transferred it automatically into another account with a derisory interest rate. It's not a lot of money and even the best interest rates aren't huge but I'm going to make an effort to move the money and get the best return I can. Firstly out of principle and secondly "every little helps". I appreciate that this is a nice "problem" to have.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,403 Forumite
    Hello all...... I'm back !!
    We had a fabulously relaxing time in south Devon, with wall to wall sunshine and I'm now a lovely mahogany colour :D.
    We travelled home early this morning ( left at 6.30am ) as we were afraid of another nightmare 4hr journey ( we were in a bumper to bumper traffic jam for 2hrs on the way down :mad: ). The van has been unpacked, well mostly as we have to go over on Monday to clean it and put the cover back on, so we will pick up the last few things then. The WM has done 2 loads but the weather here doesn't look too favourable, it's warm but the skies are grey. There will be more washing to be done but that can wait, it's surprising the amount that is there, as we spent the whole 2 weeks in T. shirts and shorts/ lightweight trousers :j.
    I see my garden has exploded again, as the shrubs need trimming and the grass needs a haircut :rotfl:.
    We will be going down to see DD and family this afternoon to give them some pressies, then it's back for a shower and then PJ's on ready for an early night.
    I haven't read back but I hope all is well with everyone, hugs a-plenty if not.
    Take care
    love nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good afternoon everyone :hello:

It's turned into a beautiful sunny day after a cloudy morning. The new flooring is down and it looks amazing, Steve did a fantastic job and the air was only a little bit blue! The kids pulled their weight and all helped to clear the room and even helped Steve with the laminate. We had a well earned Chinese for tea and collapsed into bed fairly early.

Today, Steve can barely move so Lee has been a real trouper and helped me to sort through everything to go back into the dining room. I took the opportunity to have a good declutter and clean so I am really pleased with the room now, only thing is it shows up the rest of the house :rotfl:.

Welcome back nanny, glad you had a good holiday and the weather was kind xx
    dp1, fantastic news about your grand daughter, I hope she manages to put some more weight on and recovers quickly xx

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport