PIP Tribunal WON, what happens next?

Hello all,
Today I received a letter through the post to say that my PIp tribunal has been successful and I will now be awared the Enhanced Rate of Daily Living and the Enhanced Rate of Mobility.

It says that this has been awarded from June 2017 (which is when I started my claim for PIP, I didn't receive DLA). Does this mean that is when it will be back paid from?

If so, how long does it usually take for backdated payment and how long for the new rate to take effect?

For those going through this process themselves, I encourage you to be persistent. It has taken such a long time for me to get to this point, my face to face assessment was in December 2017! I didn't have to attend my tribunal fortunately as the judge saw through the lies against the evidence. My face to face assessor had blatantly copied and pasted her answers, even referring to me as "she" numerous times. (I''m a 32 year old bearded man!)

Thanks for any responses in advance!

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hello all,
    Today I received a letter through the post to say that my PIp tribunal has been successful and I will now be awared the Enhanced Rate of Daily Living and the Enhanced Rate of Mobility.

It says that this has been awarded from June 2017 (which is when I started my claim for PIP, I didn't receive DLA). Does this mean that is when it will be back paid from?

If so, how long does it usually take for backdated payment and how long for the new rate to take effect?

For those going through this process themselves, I encourage you to be persistent. It has taken such a long time for me to get to this point, my face to face assessment was in December 2017! I didn't have to attend my tribunal fortunately as the judge saw through the lies against the evidence. My face to face assessor had blatantly copied and pasted her answers, even referring to me as "she" numerous times. (I''m a 32 year old bearded man!)

Great news. It can take 8 weeks for backdated payment to made and the same for your new payments to take affect. You will be backdated to the start of your PIP claim.

DWP have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons. Once they receive that they have to find an error in law before they can appeal. They sometimes request the SOR but it doesn't mean they will appeal. If they do request it they will contact you.
  • Thank you for your reply Poppy. Not sure what SOR means though! I really hope I don't have to jump through more hoops but I'm not giving up now! Thanks again!
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    TNot sure what SOR means though!
    Statement of reasons.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 June 2019 at 1:12AM
    Hello all,

Just passing by... I see you've already got the right advice. So you should get quite a backdating soon assuming they DWP do not appeal.

I couldn't though avoid noticing your remark about the assessment report. As has been often said... these assessments would in standard legal context be regarded as trash as they're so lacking in getting basic details right... and so no doubt many a tribunal is treating them as trash. So you've had an 18 month battle against what is essentially a report by a supposed healthcare professional who couldn't even reliably get your gender correct in their evidence. It is a shame (and I presume the reality) the HCP wasn't forced to appear at tribunal and defend their evidence... and the DWP DM who probably relied on it. I wonder if the embarrassment would focus minds on their professional responsibilities.

Anyway... well done! And credit to your persistence.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • gbhxu
    gbhxu Posts: 331 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Just passing by... I see you've already got the right advice. So you should get quite a backdating soon assuming they DWP do not appeal.

I couldn't though avoid noticing your remark about the assessment report. As has been often said... these assessments would in standard legal context be regarded as trash as they're so lacking in getting basic details right... and so no doubt many a tribunal is treating them as trash. So you've had an 18 month battle against what is essentially a report by a supposed healthcare professional who couldn't even reliably get your gender correct in their evidence. It is a shame (and I presume the reality) the HCP wasn't forced to appear at tribunal and defend their evidence... and the DWP DM who probably relied on it. I wonder if the embarrassment would focus minds on their professional responsibilities.

Anyway... well done! And credit to your persistence.

If I was NewtownNimbus, I'd make a complaint to the HCPs professional body.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure