Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect

Options

Comments

• teresa.heffer
    Options
    Happy to report that my refund was received yesterday. I'm not happy that I had to ask for it and that it took 3 weeks after I asked for it to be paid, but at least I don't have to deal with them any longer!
  • jfl737
    Options
    I am with OneSelect since May 2018 and they have just upped my monthly direct debit. I am on dual fuel fixed price contract, and I gave them precise annual useage figures before the switch, so my monthly dd was based on their prices for the same amount of annual kWh use. They have collected 6 months payments during low use summer months (so I should be well in credit), now they seem to imply I may use more energy during the winter (than I actually have used in any previous winter) so have put my monthly dd up by some 60%. I wonder if they are doing this to all their fixed price customers to boost income? It would be nice to be able to ask them but you will waste hours trying to phone and never get through, and they take minimum over 2 weeks to respond to an email. The only time I got a quick response was when I put a negative comment (relating to the switch) on Trustpilot. They managed to respond to that within 24 hours. I've also found my online account is very unreliable and any gas/electric readings I enter mysteriously disappear or become 'amended'. I now always email my meter readings to ensure they have the correct figures. Also, although they promise a statement every 3 months I've never had one which makes it very difficult to track my useage versus my payments.
  • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Options
    jfl737 wrote: »
    I've also found my online account is very unreliable and any gas/electric readings I enter mysteriously disappear or become 'amended'.

I have also experienced the company modifying submitted readings. I left them some 2 months ago and still do not have a final bill (they owe me £100).

I have tried to complain but just ignore emails.

Anyone have the email address of the CEO?
  • markusparkus
    Options
    Switched from EON to OneSelect this summer as they offered me a reasonable rate that actually seemed to be based on my usage.

Their first bill they charged me a month early without any notifcation. It was also £12 higher than they'd quoted me on. They've now increased my bill again, after being with them little over 2 months. A 35% increase in 2 months, and probably £20 a month more than if I'd stuck with EON.

I have complained, but after reading the horror stories on here I don't expect much of a reply. Fortunately after such a short period of time, I haven't built up significant credit with them, so I am just going to switch back to EON.

But basically, avoid. Their whole business model seems to be to lure customers in with low quotes then hike prices immediately.
  • merchcon55
    Options
    To add some balance - I have been with this company since July. Payments taken as advised. Received a quarterly bill in September.
    I called to ask how often should I submit readings. Call was answered quite quickly. Yesterday I sent a message and just had the reply a few minutes ago. So far, so good, and at a considerably lower rate than what I could get today.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Switched from EON to OneSelect this summer as they offered me a reasonable rate that actually seemed to be based on my usage.

Their first bill they charged me a month early without any notifcation. It was also £12 higher than they'd quoted me on. They've now increased my bill again, after being with them little over 2 months. A 35% increase in 2 months, and probably £20 a month more than if I'd stuck with EON.

I have complained, but after reading the horror stories on here I don't expect much of a reply. Fortunately after such a short period of time, I haven't built up significant credit with them, so I am just going to switch back to EON.

But basically, avoid. Their whole business model seems to be to lure customers in with low quotes then hike prices immediately.
    I don't think that you understand how energy bills work. OneSelect are not putting the prices up just taking more in your DD to cover your consumption. It will all get sorted out over a period of months when your actual consumption becomes apparent.
  • Arnoldsboy48
    Options
    I left Oneselect on the 30th August, and I have not yet had my final bill. Each time I contact them they say that they have not received my final electricity reading. My present supplier, Avro Energy tell me that both my gas and electricity readings were verified on the 9th of September.and that the independent body would have sent the readings to Oneselect. Oneselect are holding approx £100 of my money, which I have overpaid, they increased my DD for the last few months. Have anybody else had the same problem? Has it been resolved?
  • IanStrachan
    IanStrachan Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 30 October 2018 at 2:29PM
    Options
    Switched to OneSelect in July 2017 and have been a happy customer ... online meter readings processed correctly, accurate & timely bills and cheaper than market for most of the time.

But this week I received notification of a 20% increase in my Direct Debit despite
    a) I am on a fixed rate until April 2019 - so DD should not alter unless usage increases
    b) My average ANNUAL consumption - on which the existing DD payment was based - has not increased. (I check it monthly; it has actually gone down slightly.)
    c) As expected I have a healthy credit balance going into the winter months, sufficient to cover higher usage (than spring/summer). Balance should reduce to about £50 when the fixed period ends and I switch again if necessary.

So the proposed increase can't be justified. I contacted OneSelect via the online form and they replied within 24 hours, agreeing to leave the DD at the original value.

My mother's account was given a 25% DD increase on the same day, in similar circumstances. Her avarage annual usage has increased slightly but I can't see how to justify an increase greater than 15%. Again I contacted them online and within 24 hours they accepted the lower figure.

But two large and unjustified increases on the same day left me wondering: why they are increasing DD payments? And am I happy leaving them holding my £200+credit balance?
  • stuffforsell09
    Options
    Hi,
    Switched to one select approx. 6 months ago and very happy with tariff (a lot cheaper than my previous tariff). Paying just £20 a month during summer for Gas and Elec for a 3 bed House :-)

As my summer bills are so low my credit has crept up, which is fine as I can use this against my winter bills and my direct debit won't have to be increased.

I was perfectly happy with One Select until I saw an article yesterday saying One Select may be going bust and my credit will just vanish. I have asked today for One select to send me my credit ASAP but not sure if they will.

I thought I would warn other MSE's that is they are with One Select there is a chance of this supplier going under. Not sure what my rights are but I guess if they did go bust I would lose my credits. I suppose for people in debt to One Select they wouldn't have to pay.

Full article is on Times Newspaper yesterday.
    "A small energy supplier is facing financial questions after its Dutch sister company went bankrupt.
    A fast-growing, small energy company has reportedly been asking its customers to make sudden increased payments after its sister Dutch company went bankrupt.
    The company, One Select, is based in Reading, and only launched early last year. So far the supplier has approximately 40,000 customers signed up, many of whom did so for cut-price deals.
    One Select’s website says its team has ‘wide experience of gas and electricity supply’ after it launched Energieflex in the Netherlands in 2014. It says Energieflex is now a major supplier.
    However, according to The Times, the Energieflex license to to supply energy has been revoked by the Dutch regulatory body this month after they fell into financial difficult and declared bankruptcy.
    Dozens of small energy companies have launched in the UK over the last few years, but several have gone bankrupt and The Times reports that according to many analysts, a lot of the cheapest suppliers have been offering prices too low to be sustainable.
    Various consumer groups have also called for Ofgem, the UK energy regulator, to tighten up on their financial checks on new companies.
    There are complaints online from One Select customers, saying they have had increases on their direct debit payments and find it difficult to contact the company themselves.
    However, Ofgem has declined to make any statement about whether it has concerns about One Select."
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do not worry, any credit you have is protected by Ofgem under its SoLR programme.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure