PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Faete
    Faete Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Made my mango chutney - worked out at just over a pound a pot - I'm pretty chuffed with them - just have to wait 8 weeks before I can eat them. :D
    mango_zps6aa502a7.jpg
    Fae xx
    “Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde :p
    January Grocery Challenge - £189.44/£300.00 :D
    Save
    Save
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will pop in tomorrow with a grocery update as I have an order coming. Wished to say however how i enjoy seeing all your photos.

Fay, the mango chutney looks delicious.

Peony x
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • spendingless31
    Options
    Hi there.

Please can I join this thread? My food shopping is horrendous usually spending somewhere between 700 to 800 a month with loads of waste. It's down to poor planning and laziness and I know I can do loads better. Starting late this month so have already spent 200 on big shop. Please can I be put down for £500 this month with a view to doing better in February. Thanks
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another shop today, freezer full and meals mostly planned til Thursday. Shouldn't need the shops til Friday :j

Now at £108.97/£400
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just popping on to update my spends - currently standing at £74.34 / £165 so I'm quite happy as there's only two weekend shops left, so we should be OK.

Made some amazing hot and sour lentil soup today - will post the recipe once I've written it up for the blog. Pretty frugal and very very nice :) also made a nice seeded loaf too, so that's my lunches sorted.
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • lizziebabe
    lizziebabe Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone :hello:

I'm back and determined to keep on top of my shopping this year. I'm a little late (just got back from Oz) and had to do a shop today as all out of basics.

Please could you put me down for £ 175 for January. I want to spend much less, but need to plan better and use up old stuff in the freezer.

Happy New Year to everyone and hope 2014 is a good one!! :)

Whoops sorry for different font, I don't know how to revert back to the same one after raising it.
  • lizziebabe
    lizziebabe Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi again

Did a small shop in T's - £6.50. Then an online shop with Waitrose - started off at £98.19 then with reductions/offers/savings/promotion finally got it down to £56.20.

Very pleased with the result :D
  • Mystikia
    Mystikia Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Spent £21.67 in Te$co's tonight on the main weekly shop. Got there as they were reducing the fruit & veg... Got loads including broccoli for 4p, big bag of good potatoes for 40p & 75p for enough lemons to last us 6 months :D The only things we should need for the next few days is Milk & Freezer bags - managed to forget both tonight! Ho hum....
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    My DDs went to the shop whilst I was at work and got me two loaves of bread from Morris*ns, and 1% milk from the C*-*p.

So £2.0) added to sig.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • threepenny_bit
    Options
    no spend today, popped out to get stuff for work but paid on their CC lol! Resisted all temptation to look for anything for us.
    Had potato skins, bacon sardines and christmas cake for tea. Took out some chicken from freezer for tomorrow.
    EF - save $1000 in 2024 $70 saved

Annual Grocery shop $496/3000 - had to increase by $500 in March as groceries were so expensive, this is now $250 per month.
    March February $300 January $196

My Grocery vouchers not included in the annual total - I have $100 costco (Used January)
    Still have $35 Walmart and $25 Save on.

Started a diary to help me stay on track … @Time to slash the shopping budget and use up the store cupboard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure