Proof of who paid for a car?...

The IS (im sure) do a DVLA sweep to see who has a vehicle registered to a BR, as we know the person named on a V5 is only the registered keeper, if the car was purchased from a private seller with a hand written note by a 3rd party does the IS write asking the previous owner/seller who bought the car (as in, who paid)?

A relative paid for a car for his son who is now going BR, the son is the V5/keeper, the receipt is "sold to" the father.
Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...

Comments

• Don't know about this one TBH...
    My mam gave me the money for a second-hand car and I bought it myself with that.
    Car was under £2000 and was told by Trustee / OR to just provide copy of receipt and that they won't/don't have an interest it as it is valued under £2000...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Ive told the father to draw up a hire agreement between him and his son just in case.

Love a lot
    Trust a few
    Always paddle your own canoe
  • I had this myself. A receipt dating back to the time of purchase would have been ideal, but we couldn't find one. In the end my fathers handwritten accounts mentioning a sum of money for the car dating back several years were accepted by the official receiver. I don't know if it makes a difference but my car was not of great value, only about £3.5k. Maybe it's different if it's a better one than mine?
  • I have picked folk up from the local WBAC site who haevnt been happy....

it seems they always knock a valuation down by £400 ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure