PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Missold a House - Advice Please

2»

Comments

• ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,675
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    JarrodM14 wrote: »
    I can get on to it and can reverse on to it but if I pull on forward I cant swing my car round enough to reverse.

Cheers
    So the solution is simple. Park by reversing ONTO the drive so you exit forwards. So much safer and always my prefered method of parking.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ProDave wrote: »
    So the solution is simple. Park by reversing ONTO the drive so you exit forwards. So much safer and always my prefered method of parking.

I try and do this all the time now, its much safer yet many people dont do it whether parking in a car park or on a drive.

OP see if you can get a diagram and post it on here or a screenshot and mark the lampost etc.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,731
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    A lamp outside one of my bedrooms shone in, even through curtains. There are total black out blinds which I now have, so council will not move lamppost due to light interference. I think your salesperson was waffling. In the small print with developers there is usually a get out clause saying there may be small changes, which this is.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    Forumite
    I have questioned this with the builder and they have said its the responsibility of the planning department. I have checked the original planning permission and the lamppost is correct to be where it is. In essence when we purchased the property we were shown the wrong plans, we wouldnt have purchased it if we knew the post would be there ... The salesperson has said that the planning reference will all be tracked on my application so they will be able to see I was shown the wrong plans
    So the lamp post's position was shown on the definitive plan, the one that the LA agreed when granting PP, but was omitted off the indicative one you used to select your plot.

Were any lamp posts shown on that? Did it carry any caveats about scaling, accuracy or completeness?

Did you review the PP plans with your solicitor?
    Did you select your solicitor from the developer's "recommendation", or did you get one who was independent from them?
  • Trying to post a link to a picture but I am too new to the forum, is there a way around this?

I didnt look at the local authority plans until after the lamp post was erected.

AdrianC - Exactly, the plans we selected our plot off had the lamp posts in a planter on the other side of the road.

We didn't review PP plans, unfortunately we did use the developers recommendation.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

I didnt look at the local authority plans until after the lamp post was erected.

AdrianC - Exactly, the plans we selected our plot off had the lamp posts in a planter on the other side of the road.

We didn't review PP plans, unfortunately we did use the developers recommendation.
    Caveat emptor.

The definitive plans were there to look at if you chose.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    Forumite
    There y'go, then.
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,099
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The developer's plans always look like a tweenager has been let loose with a packet of felt tips - all colourful and arty-farty. The actual planning department plans are the ones to look at.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Forumite
    Trying to post a link to a picture but I am too new to the forum, is there a way around this?

You can post the link but put a space in the link somewhere.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596
    Forumite
    No matter which solicitors you use, they're not going to delve into your reversing preferences or where you'd like lampposts to go.

Any remedies are going to arise from your contract. Which leaves you (probably) with a few problems:

1. it may well say that the developer will build in accordance with the planning consent. Which is what they ought to do anyway. They can't just shift the lamppost without going back to the planners.

2. the contract is also likely to say explicitly than any brochures etc you might have seen are not binding on the developers.

3. the developers will always give themselves some leeway to make amendments to the development (especially about stuff which isn't even on your plot).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure