Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Fab. Hope you're feeling a bit more positive today. None of us like to think you're feeling down as you're the one that keeps us all plodding. You may not realise it but you've kept me plodding for a fair number of years xx
    I

What a lovely thing to say SA.:o

It was a lovely day here today.
    I managed some weeding but am suffering now.
    If I had some pennies I would pay someone but that said I would not pay someone 20 quid an hour to weed which is the going rate for gardening here:eek::eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Chin up Beanie...thinking of you me lovely xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I managed some weeding but am suffering now.
    If I had some pennies I would pay someone but that said I would not pay someone 20 quid an hour to weed which is the going rate for gardening here:eek::eek:
    Not sure where you are Beanie but wonder if this could help:
    http://www.edinburghgardenpartners.org.uk/
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Not sure where you are Beanie but wonder if this could help:
    http://www.edinburghgardenpartners.org.uk/

I'm not sure how much that will help Lou but I know a few people who that might help so thanks gallygirl :)
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 May 2017 at 1:02PM
    Options
    Just caught up, wanting to send you loads of love and hugs.

Personally I don't think you can turn off worry and anxiety easily but I do think you can turn it down to point that you can leave it on the back of the stove simmering and so forget about it... Did you see the exercise i put on my diary? I am finding it working well this week. I think you can get AD's that support anxiety as well... Get your GP to review them.

To those who comment, about PIP and the bad news stories and if you are genuine you will get through, I have to say, in the end you probably are right, however the journey to get there and the uncertainty it entails is very hard to live with. I have the same condition as our dear friend, my OH is a triple amputee, we are awaiting the dreaded PIP envelope to transfer from our lifelong awarded DLA. Our fantastic doctor of a decade, said to me a fortnight ago, despite her saying at 47 I will never work again, sitting in her room in my wheelchair, it was her belief that neither OH or I would get PIP awarded without going to appeal, despite having her full support.

As an occupational therapist as do many of my colleagues, I believe the functional assessment is flawed. And would not put myself forward as I could do to be an assessor.

I totally get why our dear friend feels so vulnerable, I hope and pray, that in some way, financial security will be resolved and your worries will be eased.

Sending more love and hugs
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd would also love to be able to get a gardener in to maintain our garden. It's too much for Mr SA despite what he says. Unfortunately it costs too much like you say. £20 an hour is extortionate for a bit of weeding - hey I'd do weeding for £20 an hour!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    girlatplay wrote: »
    I'm not sure how much that will help Lou but I know a few people who that might help so thanks gallygirl :)
    Possibly worthwhile Beanie contacting them in case they know of others?
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanks gallygirl.
    Unfortunatly I am not in the Burgh but will contact them at some point.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Thank you Bubbles. Means more than you know.
    The last assessment I had was dire. The assessor lied and disreguarded all the medical evidence.
    When I got the letter to say I had nil points I could not get my head round it.
    I had spent my life being a disabled person & beeing in & out of hospital.
    My son was bullied at school because of the way I walk.
    This is a fairly new discovery at that time.
    Anyway that was how it was.
    The thought of going through it all again is not a happy prospect.

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Possibly worthwhile Beanie contacting them in case they know of others?
    Save

Email them.... often then will know of sister organisations...

Beanielou have you got an Age UK near you, appreciate you are no where near their target consumers, but often they do know who locally can help that is low cost/no cost, for those who physically are no longer able to. Or a horticultural college where you might find a young willing accomplice?

I once lived in a flat with no garden, I hated it, not having the ability to step outside my back door in my dressing gown, to be in mother nature. The small pleasures in life when you can't go very far.

Whispers we do pay for a gardener £17.50 an hour, 2 hours fortnightly. We could not live in our bungalow without the help of someone to maintain our modest patch, mowing the lawn, power washing our drive, keep leaves at bay, and cutting our hedges so the council don't complain. We have no able bodied family or friend to help us. I know at some point we will have to leave our forever home...as we financially will not be able to afford the up keep.

Wish I could magic myself in a Tardis to sit in the kitchen and find some solutions with you, its much better when you are not problem solving alone xxx
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback