Job Centre job fair... what are they usually like?

Hi All

So my work coach has suggested to attend their jobs fair on Wednesday... (i'm currently signed off with anxiety and depression and a few other issues) but I was just curious what are these fairs usually like for those who have been to them? :) thanks in advance!
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing...we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future"

Phoenix Wright in Ace Attorney Rise from the Ashes

Comments

• I've attended with two of my children, although neither were on JSA at the time. My daughter was taken on by an agency, which led to her current job, in an area that she had not previously considered. It was a great success for her.

My son didn't get his job via a job fair. He has attended two, and at both he had the chance to speak with people employed in the area that he wanted to work in. I think the highlights have been freebie pens (which he gave to my other son, who has special needs and loves pens!), and he had a mess about with a remote control digger! (Boys will be boys, even when they are trying to be grown up :rotfl:)

It certainly won't do any harm to attend, and you might gain something from it.
  • I've attended with two of my children, although neither were on JSA at the time. My daughter was taken on by an agency, which led to her current job, in an area that she had not previously considered. It was a great success for her.

My son didn't get his job via a job fair. He has attended two, and at both he had the chance to speak with people employed in the area that he wanted to work in. I think the highlights have been freebie pens (which he gave to my other son, who has special needs and loves pens!), and he had a mess about with a remote control digger! (Boys will be boys, even when they are trying to be grown up :rotfl:)

It certainly won't do any harm to attend, and you might gain something from it.
    Ah okay, thank you for this :) that sounds good. I remember helping out during a fair during my last signing on (back in 2014!) as I was at the job centre doing work experience, though at the time I didn't really get to take it in as was running around signing people in and being rushed off my feet xD :rotfl:

Hopefully it will be beneficial, desperate to find work at the moment
    "No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing...we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future"

Phoenix Wright in Ace Attorney Rise from the Ashes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport