IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Premier Park POPLA Appeal

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You've tried to answer the POPLA questions on the website. Nonono.

That's not what we do. See the NEWBIES thread post #3.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • topcarp
    topcarp Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You've tried to answer the POPLA questions on the website. Nonono.

That's not what we do. See the NEWBIES thread post #3.
    Thanks for that, I have read the part where it says to make my own PDF but I cannot find where it says I can attach a PDF on the POPLA website
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    When you click OTHER like the NEWBIES thread tells you, after you've put in your name & address and PCN number, it asks for a few comments (I normally put 'see my appeal in the attached PDF') and you can upload files there.

That's where you upload the pre-prepared PDF appeal in full.

But you are not doing that yet, you should be showing us your POPLA appeal for comments and it will have loads more to it that the short comments you posted earlier. That's what the templates are for, in the third post of the NEWBIES sticky.
  • topcarp
    Options
    When you click OTHER like the NEWBIES thread tells you, after you've put in your name & address and PCN number, it asks for a few comments (I normally put 'see my appeal in the attached PDF') and you can upload files there.

That's where you upload the pre-prepared PDF appeal in full.

But you are not doing that yet, you should be showing us your POPLA appeal for comments and it will have loads more to it that the short comments you posted earlier. That's what the templates are for, in the third post of the NEWBIES sticky.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to seem daft, I'm just not very good at this. Where the page asks for the type of document what should I select?

Also I am trying to find a suitable template for my situation and I'm struggling tbh.
  • topcarp
    Options
    May I also just add that on the PCN nowhere does it mention Notice to Keeper, only " you have been named as driving/driver" several times. Am I correct in thinking this is a big no-no from the parking company?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this a hire car or a leased car?

Are you the Registered Keeper of the car?
  • topcarp
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Is this a hire car or a leased car?

Are you the Registered Keeper of the car?
    Registered keeper
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    topcarp wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to seem daft, I'm just not very good at this. Where the page asks for the type of document what should I select?
    Who cares? Just choose OTHER, when it comes to that moment, which is NOT now.

Why are you trying to do that BEFORE you've even shown us your draft appeal? Stop looking at the silly, fiddly POPLA website and stay here and read some example POPLA appeals like yours.

Search for obvious keywords like: 'Premier POPLA' or 'POPLA not in marked bay'. Copy one and show us the draft you have adapted to suit.

Also, surely these were windscreen PCNs? And you've appealed using the template from the NEWBIES thread, which as you know is designed to be submitted on day 26 and thus, they might forget to send a Notice to Keeper document in the post a month after the parking event.

Soooo, did they forget?

It is obvious what your first and winning appeal point will be, out of the templates - that there has been no NTK served. If that is the case?
  • topcarp
    Options
    Who cares? Just choose OTHER, when it comes to that moment, which is NOT now.

Why are you trying to do that BEFORE you've even shown us your draft appeal? Stop looking at the silly, fiddly POPLA website and stay here and read some example POPLA appeals like yours.

Search for obvious keywords like: 'Premier POPLA' or 'POPLA not in marked bay'. Copy one and show us the draft you have adapted to suit.

Also, surely these were windscreen PCNs? And you've appealed using the template from the NEWBIES thread, which as you know is designed to be submitted on day 26 and thus, they might forget to send a Notice to Keeper document in the post a month after the parking event.

Soooo, did they forget?

It is obvious what your first and winning appeal point will be, out of the templates - that there has been no NTK served. If that is the case?

It would seem I am trying to run before I can walk.

I appealed to the Parking Company using the template at which point they sent me a POPLA code and have yet to receive an official NTK from them, just the usual £100 or reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days, then the first reminder letter after that.

No these are Postal NTK's and on no correspondents from them does it say NTK
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    have yet to receive an official NTK from them, just the usual £100 or reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days, then the first reminder letter after that.
    The first reminder letter (after a windscreen PCN) is the NTK. It doesn't have to call itself an NTK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure