Tax credit renewal 2013

Comments

• Mine was in a white envelope, asked salary for last year, if childcare costs had changed, which they haven't and was told not to ring them for an update for 8 weeks, probably cos its the busy period for them with renewals. I have had an update in the post a week later, but it said something about it being provisonal and final decision not completed. I had checks done on my claim last year,I had to send a lot of different paperwork, it took a few months to get the claim finalised. I have not received any letter in the post with regards to childcare and wasn't told them when I spoke to tax credits either to expect a letter.
  • claireA1981
    claireA1981 Posts: 49 Forumite
    My renewal pack arrived monday 29/4 in a white envelope. Called same day to renew and was told not to call back until 11th june as it will take this long to process. It's never took this long before and I don't have childcare etc. I asked what would happen to my payments when then change over to UC started and was told that they don't know as they haven't had any training in UC yet. Wish they would hurry up and sort it as hate not knowing what my payments will be. Last year it only took a week. Has anyone else managed to renew sucessfully yet?
  • kirstle99
    kirstle99 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    I haven't had my renewal pack yet but I have had a letter checking my childcare cost claim. I have sent back the paperwork (I hope it's enough never been checked in the 5 years i've claimed childcare) so I think mine is going to take forever this year.
  • brians_daughter
    brians_daughter Posts: 2,148 Forumite
    I started to claim etc/ctc and nursery fees in december 2011. My 2012/13 renewal came in a white envelope and i called to renew last week.

They told me it would take 8 weeks and not to contact them before mid june. She did say something about to check all info is correct. There are a few anomalies (if you can call them that) in my claim

1. I changed jobs and didn't inform them immediately but it was same pay/same hours. They have been made aware before renewal of new employer etc

2. I claim less than my actual childcare costs. My mum pays for a half day for my dd and i pay the other 2 days so in my claim i declare MY childcare costs are 2 days, as they are. I do not mention the other 1/2 day as i dont pay for that and to state I did would (in my eyes) be fraud

Ive had a provisional award through the post that states i have an overpayment of £1400!! I think i am getting to grips with where this has come from though. I got MA in 2010/2011 so my income for tax credits purposes was only £3000 in 10/11 as they discount the MA (or most of it). My end of year figures for 11/12 are £7500. I expect thats a different thread in itself tho
  • Hello Brian's daughter
    If your amended award is provisional maybe you still have a final one to come.

Hope you get the overpayment sorted.
    I don't understand all the disregards etc.
    They told me I will get an award for the change in circ first then do there checks. then a final decision for this year then another for future year.
  • Hi all, I'm new on here and seem to be having the same issues as most of you. In 2011 my renewal took from May to August to renew, I lost count of the number of times I rang to chase it and was just told the usual 'its being processed'. I gave up in the end and then all of a sudden my regular payment amount changed by a few pence. I was abroad at the time and couldn't wait to get home to see if I had received a letter which I had and all was okay. I claimed childcare at the time but wasn't asked to provide any invoices or bills etc.
    Last year's renewal was fine and processed within a week but this year it looks like its going to be manually done again. I renewed on April 26th and was told not to call back before 6 weeks. I called the following Tuesday (as you do) and had the misfortune of speaking to a really unpleasant woman who told me no my renewal had not been processed yet, it can take up to 6 weeks and thats why I was told not to call back before then!
    It still hasn't been processed and I'm scared to call back again incase someone has another go at me!
    I don't claim childcare anymore as I'm a student nurse and claim it through my bursary. I'm thinking mine may be taking longer as I gave them an income amount of £0 for 2012/2013 as I don't include my bursary and student loan as income. I'm thinking they may want to check this, also my eldest son was 16 in July last year but is at college so my payments for him stopped temporarily in September but then re-started as I had informed them he was still in education so they may want to confirm this as well.
    It will be interesting to follow this thread to see what others are being told as in 2011 I spent the best part of 3 months stressing myself to bits and didn't realise others were going through the same thing.
  • shedboy94
    shedboy94 Posts: 929 Forumite
    I renewed on April 26th and was told not to call back before 6 weeks. I called the following Tuesday (as you do) and had the misfortune of speaking to a really unpleasant woman who told me no my renewal had not been processed yet, it can take up to 6 weeks and thats why I was told not to call back before then!
    It still hasn't been processed and I'm scared to call back again incase someone has another go at me!

When renewals are completed over the phone you are advised not to call back within either 6 or 8 weeks for a reason......this is how long they are taking. Multiple calls clog up the phone lines and make it harder for others to get through. Once the renewal has been processed you will be notified in writing. There is no point in giving a timescale just for it to be ignored.
  • I appreciate what you are saying but I am sure I am not the only one who rings before the timescale is up!! The reason I rang is that I need to send this tax years award to student bursarys to prove I am not receiving my childcare through tax credits. My cut off date for this is May 28th and as it took 3 months to renew in 2011 forgive me for being a bit concerned that I won't get it in time!
  • I have a theory that people told 4-6 weeks are straightforward renewals mine took 3 weeks last year a week the year before. This year I've been told 8 weeks some friends 4-6 and some also 8 weeks.

I think the 8 week claims like myself are pulled for checking. I think they check payroll and childcare costs some take even longer if they can't get the info from third parties -
    Then those that don't add up get review letters for further information.

I for one hate waiting but I was told not to ring for 8 weeks so its going to be a long wait for me'

I just hope they hurry! If they are doing checks I've already got some utility bills child care invoices ready.

Do they accept Internet bank statements does anyone know incase I get asked for this or how long do lloyds statements take to order ?

I want to be prepared
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Is it just claims involving childcare costs that are having this delay?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure