Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi 2010,

I will be sure to pass your thanks on to Matt for you and I am glad that we have been able to get this resolved in good time.

Have a great day!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 March 2016 at 11:44AM
    Could you please explain something for me. If something has reached confirmed why would it then not become payable. I get the slight delay between confirmed and payable

One would assume that to have reached the confirmed status all the necessary checks etc had been carried out.

In other words the merchant is happy you bought the product, you haven't returned it, cancelled the product, used a code you shouldn't have.

Why else would you have to wait 3+ months to reach confirmed
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
    Hi steve1500,

Once a transaction has confirmed then generally we would expect this to move through to payable, however, this process can still take time as we rely on the merchant to pass the cashback forward via their affiliate network.

If you could send me an email with the transaction that you are referring to, I would be happy to look into this on our systems to see why this may not have further progressed for you.

The email address is - mse@topcashback.co.uk

Thanks,
    Samantha
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • DIRECT LINE HOME INSURANCE
    Purchased early November 2015 now coming up to end of March 2016 and still nothing showing or pending, tcb says can take 4 months from February 2016, that's ridiculous just keep getting a standard fob off reply from tcb, would appreciate your side of the story.
    Thanks
  • Hi

Not sure if this is the correct place but I'm having issues with TopCashBack for non-payment of legal transactions via their website. I get the impression they are stalling.
    Has anyone else had issues with non-payment and wondered what the best approach is. Someone suggested taking them to the small claims court. I don't really want to do that as they have been good in the past but now appear to have gone off the boil.

Cheers
    Alan
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 March 2016 at 11:59AM
    Why is it that all of a sudden nothing tracks. Everything has been fine for months and then 4 purchases fail to track.
    Hi everyone,

I hope that we are all looking forward to the upcoming 4 day weekend :)

@monkeysareus - Have you got a claim in for your transaction? Without seeing your account it is hard for me to say what the situation is here but if you could email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk, I would be more than happy to take a look into this for you!

@molerat - tracking can be affected by many factors but there are some measures that you can take which should be of help here. Firstly could you disable any ad-blockers that you may have installed on your PC, if you could then be sure to clear your cache regularly and your cookies prior to clicking through to purchase, you should then see the rate of your tracking increase for you. If you do continue to find that tracking has become an issue after trying this though, could you get in touch with our Customer Care Team on a support ticket, they will then be able to look into this for you and advise further.

Have a great Easter!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
  • besonders1
    besonders1 Posts: 579 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Quite a co-incidence ....Dont get me started LOL I am also having issues with cashback not tracked with the same site and they wont allow me to open a claim with them. For me, they are passing the responsibilty onto the retailer not paying them in time. I am tempting to investigate this via recorded letter to head office of the company and if telling porkies, i will look at legal action. I think there is a thread on here called Q&A for TCB, you may get a better response from there. I have heard that it may not be possible to sue as they say that cashback is not guarenteed, but I personally feel that as they are benefiting from customers clicking through their site and offering cashback as an incentive, they are responsible in a way for looking after their customers and keeping them happy:T. Call me old fashioned anyhow
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Alan101 wrote: »
    Hi

Not sure if this is the correct place but I'm having issues with TopCashBack for non-payment of legal transactions via their website. I get the impression they are stalling.
    Has anyone else had issues with non-payment and wondered what the best approach is. Someone suggested taking them to the small claims court. I don't really want to do that as they have been good in the past but now appear to have gone off the boil.

Cheers
    Alan

ongoing thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4519857&page=117

I don't see how you can take them to small claims court when no cash back is guaranteed?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Definitely highlight your issues on the main thread in Sarah1972's link.
    Not guaranteed? Who is the judge of that? Topcashback? Or a court of law?
    Topcashback, or any other cashback site, can state what they want, but it doesn't mean their t&cs are legal.
    Check out the TCB tv ads and their emails and see where it states that 'cashback is not guaranteed'.
    Cashback can't be guaranteed in a sense, for returns, cancellations, etc. But for genuine purchases, it must be paid. The onus is on the cashback site to obtain the monies to pass on for it's promotions, but sadly this is where it can fall apart. Cashback sites don't want to upset their partners.
    You could try and get the cash yourself, direct from the merchants via a complaint. A lot easier if the merchant is governed by an Ombudsman (financial, contract based etc).
    But to sum up, TCBs final decision will never ever be final, though they may well like you to believe that.
    TCB also have a 'fair play policy', ask them about that?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback