Cold Weather Payments

(can this be made a sticky)

All the information is here...

Postcode check here...

1st November - 31st March

£25 Payments will be made when the local temperature is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees Celsius or below over seven consecutive days.

Who can get Cold Weather Payments?

If you are in receipt of Pension Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), you may also be able to get Cold Weather Payments.
Pension Credit

If you are in receipt of Pension Credit, you will usually receive Cold Weather Payments.
Income Support and Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance

If you are in receipt of Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, you will usually receive Cold Weather Payments if you also have any of following:
  • a disability or pensioner premium
  • a child who is disabled
  • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
  • a child under five living with you
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

If you are in receipt of Income-related ESA, you will usually receive Cold Weather Payments if you also have any of the following:
  • the support or work-related component of ESA
  • a severe or enhanced disability premium
  • a pensioner premium
  • a child who is disabled
  • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
  • a child under five living with you

How much do you get?

You will get £25 for each seven day period of very cold weather between 1 November and 31 March.
‘Very cold weather’

Payments will be made when the average temperature for where you live is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees Celsius or below over seven consecutive days.

I know we go through this every year, but if made a sticky, then at least it will be on the first page of Benefits and Tax Credits, and perhaps we won't have the numerous threads asking the same question.
GNU
Terry Pratchett
((((Ripples))))

Comments

• I think it should be made a sticky as last year there were many threads/posts/queeries on this subject (mind you it was a very cold winter)
  • ceegra
    ceegra Posts: 5 Forumite
    hubby on pension credit and i am disabled on high rate does it get automatic paid or do you have to apply for it
    thanks
    cee
  • if you are elligible for CWP its usually paid automatically but its worth keeping an eye on your area as they have been known to miss people
  • OK I have to kids on disability both on middle rate care and lower mobility but me and hubby both work, do we still get it?
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    OK I have to kids on disability both on middle rate care and lower mobility but me and hubby both work, do we still get it?
    No the critiria is at the top of this thread you are not on means tested benefits
  • richard9991
    ceegra wrote: »
    hubby on pension credit and i am disabled on high rate does it get automatic paid or do you have to apply for it
    thanks
    cee
    your husband will get it if temp goes to 0 or below for 7 consecutive days in your area
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,581
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Very helpful, thanks. Glad my grandparents qualify as they now get pension credit, seeing as the heating payments have been cut.
  • richard9991
    KxMx wrote: »
    Very helpful, thanks. Glad my grandparents qualify as they now get pension credit, seeing as the heating payments have been cut.
    If you mean winter fuel payments they have not been cut.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,581
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sorry I didn't mean cut as in axed, should have been clearer. The payments have been reduced by £50 for each of the two catagories. Coming in this year I believe.
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,817
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 7 November 2010 at 5:10PM
    KxMx wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't mean cut as in axed, should have been clearer. The payments have been reduced by £50 for each of the two catagories. Coming in this year I believe.

no, they have been stuck at £250 and £400 again this year, same as last year, the only thing that has changed is the qualifing age as it is rising with women's state pension age, standard payments were £200 and £300.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretirementplanning/Benefits/BenefitsInRetirement/DG_10018657

so instead of all qualifing age being September, for those under 80, they have to be state pension age before 5 July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure