British Airways & Virgin Atlanic worldwide sale

Options
MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif What's this about?[/title]
British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are both running seat sales from London Heathrow, with return flights to New York from £259, Dubai £299, Miami £309 and many more, including most taxes & charges.

Many prices are identical with both airlines, but while they're cheaper than normal, it doesn't mean they are the cheapest possible; they can be undercut.

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif How to find 'em
[/title]

The dates you can travel vary according to destination and some creep into 2010.
  • Got a specific date & location in mind?

If you're looking to go away to a certain destination on specific dates don't bother looking at the sales direct, as they're included in the cheap flight screenscrapers Kayak* and Travelsupermarket*, just use those as it'll also show you if they're cheaper elsewhere. See Cheap Flights guide for more info.
  • Just browsing for a bargain?

In this case it's worth looking at the specific sales details yourself for available dates and destinations, and seeing if it's worth planning your getaway around them. Check out the full lists of flights and dates at BA & Virgin Atlantic. Then compare then to the best of the screenscrapers above.
Remember for safety if booking, pay on a credit card to get extra protection, see the Section 75 guide for full info.

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif More Travel MoneySaving[/title] [signupbox]test[/signupbox]
[thanks]Thanks to MoneySaver dcclloyd for this fab spot!
This post has been inserted to give a detailed guide[/thanks]

* Using these links helps the site stay ad-free and free to use, as they’re ‘affiliated links’ which invisibly take you via price comparison services like Moneysupermarket or affiliate sites, this then means if you end up getting a product this site gets revenue

You shouldn’t notice any difference, the links don’t impact the product at all and the editorial line (the things we write) is NEVER impacted by the revenue. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link for the best product, its still listed in the same way. The following links Kayak and Travelsupermarket are identical unaffiliated links provided for the sake of transparency. Click on the following link for more details on how this site's financed.

Comments

• dcclloyd
    dcclloyd Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    British Airways sale now on. 02/07/09 until 14/07/09:j
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just been looking at some flights for Christmas (I always go away for a bit of sunshine and to escape the weather and festive madness here) and currently BA are showing as being cheaper than Easyjet and Ryanair for a few destinations in Spain once you take all of the extra fees into account.

Tempting to get it booked now...
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BA only fly to Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga in Spain and also Gibralter, in Winter.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    BA only fly to Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga in Spain and also Gibralter, in Winter.

Fair point. When I said "a few", I meant I had checked Barcelona and Malaga. Not too keen on Madrid - it's too far from the beach.
  • jevsy
    jevsy Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Yee Hah! Virgin followed last time we went to Florida and we got a fantastic deal! Hopefully.......
  • BusPass_2
    BusPass_2 Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    I've got flights to Malaga booked with Ryanair for next March for £24 total price for two returns for my wife and myself.

Are you saying British Airways can beat that?

As far as I know we are not standing and they are not charging us £1 to use the toilet!!
  • richardw
    Options
    Christmas in New York

Outbound - Thursday 24 Dec, 2009Flight.gif10:25
    24 Dec13:25
    24 DecHeathrow (London)Newark (New York)BA0185

Inbound - Thursday 31 Dec, 2009Flight.gif08:40
    31 Dec20:40
    31 DecJohn F Kennedy (New York)Heathrow (London)BA0178

British Airways World Traveller £ 268.30
  • richardw
    edited 7 July 2009 at 6:25PM
    Options
    American Airlines also have Special Offers http://www.americanairlines.co.uk/aa/i18nForward.do?locale=en_GB&p=/specialOffers/fareSale3.jsp
    So definately worth shopping around.
  • richardw
    Options
    MSE_Jenny wrote: »
    The dates you can travel vary according to destination, though for many of BA’s it’s until 31 October.

BA has some destinations for travel to 23 June 2010, you have to click on the + in the price column to see the travel dates.
  • eslick
    eslick Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    have a look at ebookers, klm flights over easter are nearly 60 less than booking direct with klm. Some good deals to be had at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure