Advice on letter to Ryanair

Options
We had flights cancelled due to cabin crew strike in July 2018.
Did online claim which was rejected.
Started case with Aviation DR but Ryanair stopped dealing with them.
Srarted case with Resolver that was escalated to AESA (flight originated in Spain).
AESA court assessment ruled that Ryanair's reason for not paying, i.e. the cabin crew strike, was not circumstances beyond their control and awarded 400 Euros compensation per passenger.
Ryanair was sent the assessment but have ignored it.
I'm now at the stage where I will have to write to Ryanair demanding payment before starting a claim in small claims court and want to ensure that i follow correct procedures.
How do I word it?
Do i give a deadline for payment?
Do I threaten court action?

Grateful for any advice

J

Comments

• DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    Strikes are not an extraordinary circumstance and you are entitled to compensation. This will have to be via the Irish small claims court. What you are talking about is a NBA (Notice Before Action) letter. You need to detail the flight you were on, and that you have noted their ignoring of the Spanish judgement. State that are are entitled to £x in compensation and ask them to pay immediately. Give them 28 days to reply before you lodge a claim. Or you could use Bott or EUClaim who will keep a big chunk but save you the legwork. A useful link below. If you need to post again do use the Ryanair thread as it helps keep the place tidy.

https://www.ft.com/content/b0d7d678-9ef4-11e8-b196-da9d6c239ca8
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport