Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SplashSplish
    • By SplashSplish 10th Feb 19, 6:34 PM
    • 62Posts
    • 46Thanks
    SplashSplish
    Relationship advice please...
    • 10th Feb 19, 6:34 PM
    Relationship advice please... 10th Feb 19 at 6:34 PM
    Hi, I'm in a relationship at the moment but looking for any advice possible.

I've been seeing a divorced mum since Sep 2018, she's nice, funny has her own kids, house job etc.

I myself am divorced for over 2 years and work away for half the year, when I'm away we talk via FaceTime or text and when I'm home we see each other when possible, however I have found myself not calling as often as I used to.

She has started to say she loves me quite often and often asks when will I say I love her, also she asked about meeting my family recently as well.

I'm not sure what's happened in my mind but I really don't have that feeling for her and the more I think about it I can't see it happening soon or ever, as much as I like her.

We are supposed to be going away at the weekend but the more I think about it the more I think I'm not sure I want to go and maybe I should think about actually saying I don't think I'll ever say those 3 words she wants from me.

To be honest i's so torn about what to do especially as its valentines coming up and she keeps on going on about cards...
Page 2
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 11th Feb 19, 4:27 PM
    • 11,374 Posts
    • 15,121 Thanks
    hazyjo
    Relationships are crap aren't they. Two people, enjoy each other's company, having fun etc. One person says 'I love you' and now they have to split up!

Doesn't make sense
    Originally posted by mikeeboy
    Would usually agree with you, but these paragraphs seem to suggest it's unlikely the OP will ever feel like that towards her.

"I'm not sure what's happened in my mind but I really don't have that feeling for her and the more I think about it I can't see it happening soon or ever, as much as I like her.

We are supposed to be going away at the weekend but the more I think about it the more I think I'm not sure I want to go and maybe I should think about actually saying I don't think I'll ever say those 3 words she wants from me."

Flogging a dead horse comes to mind...
    2019 wins: Still waiting...
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 11th Feb 19, 7:06 PM
    • 2,531 Posts
    • 3,364 Thanks
    Robisere
    Ask her (in person, don't dodge this, man!) - "Do you remember saying this to me?" -

"I love you. When will you say you love me?"

Tell her you see that as pressure to say what you do not honestly feel.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
    • SplashSplish
    • By SplashSplish 12th Feb 19, 7:04 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    SplashSplish
    Thanks all, she was an amazing lady but I would only be delaying the split, I feel bad and i'm sure she feels worse but its done now.
    Think its time to just enjoy my own space and seeing my daughter, my friend's and carry on without a dating site for a few months to let the dust settle...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

1,974Users online

Martin's Twitter