Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

Comments

• I can't access the Gatwick Airport discussion - no problems with other airports but need Gatwick. :confused:
  • Take a motor cycle and park for free. Not useful if you're a family on holiday, but I often fly on business, and after being stung £90 for overnight parking at Luton Short Term I sought revenge by traveling light and taking the bike. You can park in Short Term then turn right - you willl see the bikes lined up just behind the fence as you go in. Take a ticket to open the barrier, then on your return drive through the pedestrian access. I change out of leathers and store them on the seat before covering the bike with a groundsheet. I believe other airports also offer free m/c parking.
  • Yeah I get the same problem!
  • Bob63
    Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    To Mojo911's point yes - other airports offer free motorcycle parking. I have frequently used the parking at both Heathrow (all terminals) and Bristol.

But if I'm in the car I simply don't park. From where I live in Somerset to get to Heathrow I simply do one way car rental. The cost of having a car delivered to my house (or collected on the return journey) makes it cost-neutral when compared with the cost of parking for a trip of 5 days or longer. Factor in the convenience of a rental car plus the fact you aren't leaving your own car somewhere unknown for all that time and it is well worth it. I have been doing this for years.
  • Hi all,

Gatwick thread is now up and running. Sorry about that.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Is there a thread for east midlands,or is that too small to be included?
  • eslick
    eslick Posts: 2,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have a look at these two

http://www.aph.com/partners/toysrus.htm
    https://www.easyjet4parking.com/

Aph link was the cheapest for us from out local airport but easyjet have a price promise and gave a double the difference and therefore I was able to save £24 on the price. I emailed them first and they agreed to the Aph rate but when my father in law tried without emailing first they said it was a special offer and wouldnt honnor it so may be worth dropping them a mail first. But saying that Aph was the cheapest I could I could find by £12.
  • This is a website that I use for airport parking and have had no problems:

www.memberstravel.co.uk

We usually fly from Manchester or Leeds. I know they do not do Doncaster but think that they do most others.
  • I have always used FHR for airport parking. If you book on their website BookFHR.com rather than use a comparison site they don't charge credit card fees

Also use Voucher code FHR-P2008 for £2.50 off.
  • We find that the best price of any at Gatwick is from these guys - and great service too!
    https://www.gatwickmag.co.uk
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure