Post Office Online savers - unable to set up direct debits

Just opened Issue 35 of the Post Office Online Saver. Have set up a one-off direct debit to fund it, but I am unable to set up a regular direct debit. Anyone else having this issue?
With my Issue 34 Online Saver, I have a weekly direct debit set up, but it says I do not have a linked account (even though the direct debit is set up), so I cannot withdraw money to that linked account. It won't let me add a linked account either. I have an earlier issue too which was used to switch current accounts, but I am also unable to link that account or change any direct debits.
Is the Post Office having IT issues with their online servicing does anyone know?
I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?

Comments

• They tend to block your account randomly I've found.
    If you call them they will usually tell you 3 different times when it will be unblocked !
    I have had this this week already but all set up now.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mummyof5 wrote: »
    They tend to block your account randomly I've found.
    If you call them they will usually tell you 3 different times when it will be unblocked !
    I have had this this week already but all set up now.

I've had to bite my tongue in the past when I've phoned them up and they've denied there's a problem. The training of their staff seems very lacking
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Yes I found one would say one thing and then when that didn’t work I’d ring back two days later to be told the opposite !
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Just opened Issue 35 of the Post Office Online Saver. Have set up a one-off direct debit to fund it, but I am unable to set up a regular direct debit. Anyone else having this issue?
    With my Issue 34 Online Saver, I have a weekly direct debit set up, but it says I do not have a linked account (even though the direct debit is set up), so I cannot withdraw money to that linked account. It won't let me add a linked account either. I have an earlier issue too which was used to switch current accounts, but I am also unable to link that account or change any direct debits.
    Is the Post Office having IT issues with their online servicing does anyone know?

I know its still January, but that has to be the understatement of the year (even though its a question;))

PO is very well known for 'having IT issues with their online servicing' as shown in multiple threads on here. It is also well known for the poor quality of its customer service.

Sorry I can't help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport