Your biggest regret

Comments

• SandraX
    SandraX Posts: 840 Forumite
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    My biggest regrets are being too busy to send a very dear friend a text message to see how she was. Although she was unwell she died suddenly and I never got to say goodbye or tell her how much her friendship meant to me. It’s nearly 5 years on and I miss her every day.
    Another was not telling someone in my past who I fell hook line and sinker for how much he meant to me. It was a while ago but my god it still hurts. Moral of the story- tell those you care about what they mean to you as you never know when they might be taken away :cry:

Thanks.
    Wise words , indeed.
    :)
  • SandraX
    pollypenny wrote: »
    I regret being hopeless at keeping in touch with friends.

I have very few long-term friends.

Ditto. Moved cities when leaving school lost touch with a couple of good friends but no mobiles, laptops thouse days, then did the same when leaving work and moving again then got fired as mentioned in my OP and recently left another job and have ignored emais and texts so they no longer contact me. I'm a private person and find it easier to talk openly on the net/forum like this.
  • Sunshinesally
    Sunshinesally Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 March 2020 at 3:21PM
  • Sagaris
    Sagaris Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    1. Staying too long in an abusive marriage - he convinced me I was incapable of living without him - then the worm turned!

2. Then staying with someone who strung me along for 7 years.........but I saw the light eventually with that one too.

Both taught me huge lessons though!
    :j Almost 2 stones gone! :j
    :heart2: RIP Clio 1.9.93 - 7.4.10 :heart2:
    :p I WILL be tidy, I WILL be tidy! :p
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I don't know if it was intentional but I've had Frank Sinatra singing in my head all damn night. :D

I thought it was funny...Can't be seriouser than serious all the time....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    -taff wrote: »
    I thought it was funny...Can't be seriouser than serious all the time....

I thought it was funny too - which was why I made my comment.

But the OP is a new member and maybe doesn't realise that every thread doesn't stay on topic and even a perceived serious subject may have a lighter side.
    But I am duly chastised. :o
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    1. The relationship with mu abusive ex. I wish id gotten out of it sooner and not let it drag on

2. Not being able to say goodbye to my nan before she died

3. Not standing up to my bullies as a child (i have MH issues as a result of it)

Those are my biggest regrets
  • SandraX
    Sagaris wrote: »
    1. Staying too long in an abusive marriage - he convinced me I was incapable of living without him - then the worm turned!

2. Then staying with someone who strung me along for 7 years.........but I saw the light eventually with that one too.

Both taught me huge lessons though!

1 - More and more women are standing up for their freedom , well done.

2 - Easier said than done ie leave a realationship, you did well as many never leave:)
  • SandraX
    1. The relationship with mu abusive ex. I wish id gotten out of it sooner and not let it drag on

2. Not being able to say goodbye to my nan before she died

3. Not standing up to my bullies as a child (i have MH issues as a result of it)

Those are my biggest regrets

Thank you for sharing:)
    1 - Always difficult to leave abusive relationships as they are controlling.

2 - millions in your position and I'm sure your nan knew you loved her lots.

3 - hopefully schools have moved on and are now taking more care of pupils but sorry about your health.
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Not following my dream when I left school and then later on, not challenging the now ex husband when he refused to support me in chasing that dream.

I don't really regret marrying him as our three children are a result of that marriage but I don't think it was the brightest idea I have ever had. I do regret staying with him for so long though and turning me from a headstrong, very independent woman into something resembling a quaking doormat, incapable of independent thought.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure