Shop & Scan

Comments

• SMCG
    SMCG Posts: 87 Forumite
    Hi. I was wondering if anyone can answer a quick question. The book says to upload receipts from corner shops like PREMIER, LONDIS etc. My local one don't give out receipts. I don't know if I should just not scan the goods at all or scan them but don't upload a receipt. Will they come after me asking where the receipt is?

Thanks a lot for any advice.
  • judexx
    judexx Posts: 495 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    SMCG wrote: »
    Hi. I was wondering if anyone can answer a quick question. The book says to upload receipts from corner shops like PREMIER, LONDIS etc. My local one don't give out receipts. I don't know if I should just not scan the goods at all or scan them but don't upload a receipt. Will they come after me asking where the receipt is?

You should definitely scan the shopping - what I do, is to then drop them an email after I've transmitted, saying that Londis (or whoever the shop is) doesn't do receipts. You then get a reply from them saying that's all ok.
  • aife
    aife Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary

I've transmitted shopping without uploading receipts and never had a problem.
    Have you tried asking for a receipt ? Some places don't offer automatically but will give a receipt if anyone asks. I actually thought there was a legal obligation for shops to give receipts
  • SMCG
    SMCG Posts: 87 Forumite
    Hi @ judexx and @aife, thanks for help.
  • Has anybody had problems with FOTG app over the weekend? when trying to enter items into ours they appear to submit but then don't and when we've gone to submit the next item the previous ones have appeared in a list. This meant we couldn't change or select the retailer either, it was behaving as if we had chosen to add items each time instead of submitting them. This hasn't happened before so not sure what the issue is.
    I've emailed the helpdesk but don't usually get a reply these days so thought i'd try here too
    TIA
    :cool:
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Could you please tell me what the "FOTG app" is?
  • sorry for confusion, FOTG is Food on the go app. That's how Shop & Scan refer to it in their emails. Not sure how many of you are still on it but was hoping somebody could help
    Thanks
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 November 2018 at 7:51PM
    Just received email & we are to be given triple points for 2 weeks - 17/12 to 30/12. So will receive 3300 for barcodes each week + 500 for scans( the 500 award is not being increased).

Anyone wanting Amazon codes - select now as only just over 200 available at the moment.
  • step1974
    step1974 Posts: 17 Forumite
    redagila wrote: »
    Just received email & we are to be given triple points for 2 weeks - 17/12 to 30/12. So will receive 3300 for barcodes each week + 500 for scans( the 500 award is not being increased).

Anyone wanting Amazon codes - select now as only just over 200 available at the moment.

Thanks for the reminder. :-)
  • Junier
    Junier Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

I always ask for a receipt, just because they dont automatically provide one, does not mean they dont give at all. My local newsagent is a premier and the chappie has got to know me and always provides one without asking now.

So if in doubt ask they cant refuse to give one :p but be aware if the printers up the duff or on the blink then they wont be able to give you a receipt for obvious reasons .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback