* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Bloomin eck Mrs I,it's all go at your house.Hope things calm down a bit soon.

Good news about DD Chrissy.

Nice to "see" you Free.I have had a few instances where they couldn't get blood.They said I have deep veins,I think they were being polite for Fat arms!

I am still plodding on with the weightloss. I was out the other day feeling sylph like until I saw myself in a shop window.Ooo dear,still a way to go.The thing is I felt ok until I started to lose weight and now I can see what others should have pointed out to me a long time ago.

We had a lovely day at the seaside,goodtimes.

Off to Lyme Park today.My son used to call it Lion park when he was little. It's the house used in Pride and Prejudice,Colin Firth in the lake.

What other funnies have you heard children say?

I used to work with children in care and was having a quiz with 2 little boys in the car one day. I asked,getting desperate for questions: What animal does ham come from? Quick as a flash little James said "Hamsters".

Working at a school,I could write a book with kids funnies.

Vx
     :
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Morning all

House of Fraser order arrived (except i mis counted what I needed and am really one short but it is no problem I will just reshuffle who I planned to use them for)

Yesterday at work I bought two beer crates with handles that were reduced stock left over from fathers day. I plan to take off the bottle opener and then use them to put smellies in for Christmas. For £2 each instead of £8 I wasn't leaving them there :rotfl:

We are off to a local summer fair today. It was good last year with lots of unusual things on offer so hopefully it is ok again so I can start getting more bits put away.

Hope everyone is ok this morning and you all have a good weekend.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon everyone,

Funny things kids say :think: my son went through a stage where he kept talking about a 'bulla bulla', all we kept getting was 'look mummy! my bulla bulla!' We wracked our brains about what it could be, a ball? a bat? literally months and months went by before we finally realised he was trying to say belly button :rotfl:

My daughter had the gift of the back chat down from a very early age, once her dad was trying to get her to share her sweets (she was only 2) and said 'are you trying to get a big tummy like me?' and she replied 'are you trying to get big boobies like mummy?' :o I tried to tell her off for being cheeky but I was laughing so hard I couldn't do it :o

Sorry about your house sale 0462, hopefully a new buyer will appear soon. Good luck with your PIP and ESA forms, with everything coming through the door at once for so many people i'm wondering if this is like a mass review :(

I am another one who's blood never wants to make an appearance, they have to use a super fine needle on me, but at least I can now have it done sat up, they used to have to lie me down because my blood pressure is so low i'd go all faint :rotfl:
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Jakes Mum,Hahahahahahahaha,priceless kids.x
     :
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    I have ordered all my crafting bits for my christmas cards - it has cost me £100 _pale_ but should make me about 160 cards all being well so less than £1 a card which dont think is too bad really. I have three designs i will be doing. Really need to sit down and get cracking with some of them :rotfl:

Hope everyone is ok in this heat. I caved today and bought a tower fan. Of course i then had to walk home in the heat with it :rotfl:
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone, well I think I spoke too soon, I realised yesterday I hadn't had a headache or migraine for days, so I will put it down to starting the keto diet instead of the piercing not working haha. I don't know if the keto has worked superquick but my bloods for my diabetes have gone down quite a lot, my gp was really pleased. DS had a fab time in Naples, stuffed himself with pizza and gelato and made some good friends. Its all quite quiet here atm, nothing really going on at all, I am just watching the football tonight.

04624181 oh what a shame the house has fallen through, I'm sure it wont take long to get a buyer again

VULPIX haha I love the hamster quip, that made me giggle, I love kids saying just what they think. My DD2 was always making us laugh with her interpretations of things. I try to never look in shop windows otherwise I would never go out again!

STOKIEBECKS wow that is a lot of Christmas card stash :rotfl: I'm lucky if I send 6 :rotfl:

JAKESMUM I love that a two year old can come up with such a smart answer so quickly, it makes me giggle, I am terrible with my GS I have to hide my face
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • junior_j
    junior_j Posts: 4,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi guys!

How are you all? Sorry I am doing my annoying habit of disappearing for months at a time! So much going on! I am still working my 2 jobs! It's keeping me busy but financially I don't see a huge difference! To make matters worse our back boiler (which they don't make no more)has totally and utterly gone! Boiler man came out and serviced it and said it's dangerous , not working , he fixed it enough to get the hot water working again and then 2 days later it all broke again! 2K is the average quote I am getting to get it ripped out and a new combi boiler installed :eek:: !

I am going back to America in October but only saved enough for flights so far :( I just feel a little overwhelmed right now! I live with my mum , my brother who has various disabilities ( he manages to work 16 hours a week on average) but him and his fianc! have a baby due in September! The whole house needs decorating , badly! I could go on but this post is depressing enough! On a more positive side I have almost gone a whole year with no brain surgeries and no hospital admissions! That's quite a milestone!

Hope everyone is well!i also admit I haven't even started Christmas planning or buying! Hoping returning here daily will reintroduce that positive Christmas grind and planning and help me relieve some stress!
    Take care guys and I hope you have a great Friday!
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    JJ super to have you back today! what a remarkable lady you are. Wow and yeay to no surgeries or hospital admissions for such a long time, l hope this continues and that your health stays good.
    America, eh?, have fun, enjoy every day of it, even the planning and saving for it.
    Free, well done on the keto, and the resultant improvement in your blood results. Keep up the good work.
    Stokie-becks, that sounds like a marathon! but at less than £1 each, those cards are a winner all round.
    l am still knitting and crocheting for my friends soon to be grand nib, and getting ready for the trip out to China (5 weeks and counting).
    Off out to an open air performance of Romeo and Juliet tonight with fave cos and a load of other friends and family, should be a good time. Then tomorrow to another friend (and neighbour) for birthday barbecue, mrsl is a gaddabout this weekend.
    Still waiting for the conservatory roof to be done, the stuff has been ordered over 2 weeks now, l am starting to feel impatient, but it will get done. Nev the shred called up 2 days ago, he had just hit himself on the head with a sledgehammer. (you know, how you do, when you are swinging one around demolishing a fence.)!! Yes, thats what he said.
    Fortunately, once l had cleaned it up there was only a scalp wound, so l patched it up, gave him the usual head injury warning list and off he went.
  • junior_j
    junior_j Posts: 4,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mrsinvincable - Thann you lovely! It's amazing to come this far without surgery or admission I have had 25+ brain surgery over he last 5 years and to many hospital admissions to remember!

Sounds like you done good patching him up!
    You have more patience than me I hate waiting for thing it is definitely a big pet hate of mine!

I went to America last year and it gave me a thirst for more so certainly looking forward to it! Plus I am the biggest toy story fan in the world and of course will be visiting there!

Hope every one has a great day and enjoys the sun!
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 June 2018 at 10:12AM
    Morning all,

Does anyone use Pharmacy2u ? I am thinking of changing to them after being peed off at my usual chemist .

In an effort to keep Dd moving forward ive booked a break on the Isle of Wight next year , its given her something to look forward to .Shes a chronic list writer so shes in her element .two sets of lists one for the IOW and one for the German christmas market in the November .

Christmas wise - things are progressing ive wrapped the items ive bought and plan to visit my parents in August to take theirs .

Hope everyone has a lovely day while im sweltering away at work lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport