Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emmaharris
    • By Emmaharris 20th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Emmaharris
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters
    • 20th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters 20th Jun 17 at 2:23 PM
    Hi,
    Hoping I've posted this in the right place, if not, apologies.
    Bit of a complicated one. On return of a holiday to Costa Rica with Thompson we were told we were entitled to claim for a delay. Unfortunately although my stepmum was told to wait until we did it for her she went online and added all flight details to an online claims company she came across. ( Flight delay claims team. Based in Northants )
    She filled in most info then they asked her to fill in a power of attorney form and she decided not to carry on online. She received an email saying thanks for signing up with us and called them a couple of weeks later to say she didn't want to go ahead as it was being dealt with by my brother. On the phone they said that was ok and that would be the end of it. Fast forward to recent weeks and she is recieving letters saying she owes them nearly 1600 for ignored reminders, the work they did processing the claim etc. The are adding interest daily and adding charges for random stuff and I have no idea what to do next. They won't discuss over the phone and say they don't take phone calls. Have emailed and they are pretty much saying tough luck pay up.
    She hasn't heard anything from Thompson regarding the compensation but the two other people that claimed together officially with Thompson have had their money back already. ( no one knew she'd put any details in online as we all did ours with resolver )
    It's all a mess and we have no clue how to sort it!
    Any help or advice would be great.
    Thank you.
Page 8
    • Davexmas
    • By Davexmas 3rd Nov 18, 9:28 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Davexmas
    Hi there
    This is EXACTLY what I am going through........can you clarify how you ended up having a CCJ and what do you mean by bailiffs.........did you get visited by them or something?? It's a terrible experience to go through.........thanks for your post it's given me a bit of encouragement to stand up to them.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 4th Nov 18, 7:37 AM
    • 4,634 Posts
    • 1,261 Thanks
    JPears
    If this is a limited company it also needs reporting to companies house for potentially fraudulent activity.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 4th Nov 18, 9:37 AM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    legal magpie
    The judge set the CCJ judgement aside and wrote to the FDCT asking why they believed I owed them money and said they had to respond within a few weeks. They did not respond. I have now sent a bill to FDCT for the 255 plus loss of earnings, also itemised things like money for things being sent recorded delivery etc. and if they don't pay, I'll take them through the Court procedure.
    Originally posted by A A
    I wish you success with this course of action but you ought to have asked the Judge to award you costs against them.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 4th Nov 18, 12:12 PM
    • 4,634 Posts
    • 1,261 Thanks
    JPears
    Those were my thoughts legalmagpie.
    Why didn't judge do this automatically is it was obvious to him/her that the case had no legs?
    Or is it a case of if you don't ask, you don't get?

• A A
    • By A A 4th Nov 18, 1:47 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    A A
    I asked for costs. The judges reply was you'll never get them, or something along those lines which left me a little upset as you can imagine. I am due to go back to the Court as I need to clarify a few things and I intend to ask again. To be honest, I have no idea why he didn't award them straight off. I also have no idea if I will succeed in getting anything out of them but anything is worth a try.
    I will report them to companies house as suggested too. I have no idea if I will get costs, or an invoice paid, either way I will certainly keep you posted.
    • A A
    • By A A 4th Nov 18, 2:10 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    A A
    Hi there
    This is EXACTLY what I am going through........can you clarify how you ended up having a CCJ and what do you mean by bailiffs.........did you get visited by them or something?? It's a terrible experience to go through.........thanks for your post it's given me a bit of encouragement to stand up to them.
    Originally posted by Davexmas
    Thankfully I didn't get a visit from Bailiffs. The delightful Cher threatened them. The Court in Northampton sent me a notification of a CCJ to which I was allowed to respond. I did respond, but the Court in Northampton didn't action anything. I sent the reply back the same day as I received the notification from them too, so they either just didn't bother, or it was overlooked or they are so busy it ended up in a pile somewhere. Bingo, CCJ. I have since been told Northampton it is a bulk centre with over half a million cases a year so I wouldn't rely on them actioning anything, though I am sure they must do. I really would have just turn up at the Court if I had of known, but who does know about these things. The FDCT just push and push and push. When I received the 2nd Court date, they still kept pushing, right up until a few days before. The last phone call from them, not from Cher, they suggested that if they didn'turn up at Court that would be the end of the matter as far as they were concerned and asked me if I would then forget about everything. That's the end of the matter!!!! I will not say what my feeling were at that point, but I will not forget about it, and I will not let it go. My life was made a nightmare and I will not rest until these people are exposed. Keep fighting is all I can say. The Court local to me told me that the company probably said such a thing as they don't want the exposure. Generally people give in, just relieved it is over.
    Well this one isn't giving in.
    I need vetting for my job, and this could have had implications on my employment.
    We should all get together and pay them a visit. Turn up on mass. Wonder how Cher would feel then. People can be brave on the phone can't they.
    I'm not sure that anything I did is helpful to anybody, but don't back down and you'll get there. They are bullies. Bullies keep going until they are stood up too. I really do wish you all success.
    • JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 4th Nov 18, 6:51 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    JAM2018
    Hello A A,

So sorry to hear what you have been through. If you need a witness for court, please let me know, I would be happy to help. "Together We Are Stronger"
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 4th Nov 18, 10:49 PM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Has anyone sent a Freedom of information request to Northants Trading standards to ask how many complaints they have had about these people and what action if any they are taking? It may be down to resources though, because Northants County Council is , in effect, bankrupt
    • Tracey Rice
    • By Tracey Rice 5th Nov 18, 1:45 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Tracey Rice
    Thank you AA makes me feel a bit better too
    I will now most definitely chase up Northampton Court to make sure they have taken the necessary action ..
    I will get back in touch with Trading Standards they are very good but very slow !
    Keep you posted
    • Emmal1982
    • By Emmal1982 6th Nov 18, 4:15 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Emmal1982
    Hi everyone,

So today I have received 2 sets of court papers one for myself and one for my 8 year old son both With identical amounts .... are they expecting my 8 year old son to pay up too??

Also I thought you had to sign for court papers these were just posted through the door?

What do I do now ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated x
    • Davexmas
    • By Davexmas 6th Nov 18, 5:18 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Davexmas
    Hi Emma
    Give me a call as previously discussed and I'll talk you through it. D
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 6th Nov 18, 5:57 PM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    legal magpie
    They cannot sue an 8 year old as he is a "Protected party". See CPR part 15. They wil have to apply for the appointment of a litigation friend. You should complete an acknowledgement of service in both actions but in the case of your son you should send a letter to the Court pointing out his age.
    You should also complain to Northants Trading standards about these people.They don't know what they are doing.
    • Tracey Rice
    • By Tracey Rice 7th Nov 18, 10:47 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Tracey Rice
    My court papers were just posted too, i did not have to sign for anything , i have today replied to their email and told them basically i will see them in Court i am chasing the court to make sure all is on track but i cant get through, i have been on old for 30 mins ..i will keep trying
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 7th Nov 18, 7:28 PM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Tracey, don't bother corresponding with the company but you MUST complete the defence form and send it back to the Court by the due date otherwise they will sign a default judgment against you. There's no need for you to ring the Court.
    • liplo
    • By liplo 8th Nov 18, 12:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    liplo
    Im sure people are aware but they are
    fraudulently scribbling signatures
    Changing there ''terms and conditions'' daily so they apply to each person even though they are non existent
    Handwriting cheques lower the value of what the airline paid out
    Tax avoidance since 2003
    Buy google reviews
    Threaten people ,they think verbally abusing people is acceptable
    Falsely writing trust pilot reviews with different names ,which they are then to lazy to change the review writing ,then post on google with a different name
    Terms and conditions arent even worth you looking,they are criminals and breaking the law by fraudulently signing scribbles and saying ''you've signed it''' you've signed up''
    They are pathetic humans,terms and conditions in the real world have all been broken by them
    tax fraud and the list goes on

But because they have your address they think they can throw a court order and debt collectors,even though they have done no service for you and you never sign up for the terms and conditions,because you dont even know you are signing up,So without your knowledge or consent they have illegally submit details with you knowing,
    Martin ,Naomi and Joe ryans think they are a law above the rest,because they haven't been stopped and got away with this for years,they think they can abuse people and take thousands of pounds from people illegally
    • JPears
    • By JPears 8th Nov 18, 1:11 PM
    • 4,634 Posts
    • 1,261 Thanks
    JPears
    Tempted to click on website/"sign up" for a fight and put some pressure on these fraudsters....

• JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 10th Nov 18, 7:34 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    JAM2018
    JPears, I wouldn't do that, why put yourself in the line of fire if you don't have to.
    • Helppp
    • By Helppp 11th Nov 18, 5:46 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Helppp
    Guys please help
    I am in the exact same position.

I made an enquiry for my self and family of 5 following a lovely trip which is now feeling very sour. I never provided any details to them... no booking invoices . Nothing! I just filled out the initial enquiry form that's all. They emailed me asking me to fills out an assignment for which I didn't do and they followed this up with an email asking me for documents. I didn't think anything of it besides a junk mail until the harassment continued. I then emailed them asking them to stop hassling me as I didn't peruse a claim. They then sent me charges that they hold me liable for for over 1600. They havnt provided me with any services .. please please please can someone help me.

I have seemed basic legal advise and they have advised me to ignore them. I have a very hard working individual and I have never been in trouble with the law. But I honestly can not sleep at night because of all the stress this is causing me. Please can someone help..
    What shall I do.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 11th Nov 18, 6:51 PM
    • 4,634 Posts
    • 1,261 Thanks
    JPears
    Read back through this thread.
    Contact Trading Standards and possibly CAB.
    Have they sent you court papers?

• legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 11th Nov 18, 6:55 PM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    legal magpie
    No, you must NOT ignore them. If you do, you could be held to agree with what they say. You should write back to them saying that you did not sign up to anything. You simply made an enquiry. You should keep copies of everything you send or receive and should keep a careful note of any phone calls. You should also make a complaint about them to Northamptonshire Trading Standards who are already ( so I am told) investing this company.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

62Posts Today

2,387Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Oh if only one were brave/honest enough to say "my mental health" - in answer to the weakness question. I say this? https://t.co/RyihpzwPdY

• Been out with the little one, just got back and turned the #c4debate on. What have i missed? Who is winning?

• It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Follow Martin