Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emmaharris
    • By Emmaharris 20th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Emmaharris
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters
    • 20th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters 20th Jun 17 at 2:23 PM
    Hi,
    Hoping I've posted this in the right place, if not, apologies.
    Bit of a complicated one. On return of a holiday to Costa Rica with Thompson we were told we were entitled to claim for a delay. Unfortunately although my stepmum was told to wait until we did it for her she went online and added all flight details to an online claims company she came across. ( Flight delay claims team. Based in Northants )
    She filled in most info then they asked her to fill in a power of attorney form and she decided not to carry on online. She received an email saying thanks for signing up with us and called them a couple of weeks later to say she didn't want to go ahead as it was being dealt with by my brother. On the phone they said that was ok and that would be the end of it. Fast forward to recent weeks and she is recieving letters saying she owes them nearly £1600 for ignored reminders, the work they did processing the claim etc. The are adding interest daily and adding charges for random stuff and I have no idea what to do next. They won't discuss over the phone and say they don't take phone calls. Have emailed and they are pretty much saying tough luck pay up.
    She hasn't heard anything from Thompson regarding the compensation but the two other people that claimed together officially with Thompson have had their money back already. ( no one knew she'd put any details in online as we all did ours with resolver )
    It's all a mess and we have no clue how to sort it!
    Any help or advice would be great.
    Thank you.
Page 5
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 20th Sep 18, 4:21 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    sharpz44
    These lot are a bunch of idiots, I ended up paying them £308 for nothing as could not be bothered with the hassle,however when I`m in Northampton next they will be getting a visit, also all my emails to them have been passed to Northampton trading standards who requested them,they are on there radar big time and hope they get whats coming.
    • JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 20th Sep 18, 4:33 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    JAM2018
    Can you let me have the contact details for Northampton Trading Standards, thanks.
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 20th Sep 18, 4:40 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    sharpz44
    I will PM you
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 20th Sep 18, 4:46 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    sharpz44
    Can you let me have the contact details for Northampton Trading Standards, thanks.
    Originally posted by JAM2018
    I have sent it to you ,got the name wrong first time, hope that helps, I was asked if I would go to court which obviously I said yes, I could not take the risk of defending as I work away and would probably not have received the letter,hence why I paid but want these scumbags sorted out
    • Davexmas
    • By Davexmas 20th Sep 18, 5:30 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Davexmas
    I will look into a Class Action/ Group litigation. Legal Eagle - this is not misconceived or inappropriate at all. Who are you stating that on behalf ? This company needs closing down and this will certainly help do that. All fees get repaid along with conpensation
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 20th Sep 18, 5:39 PM
    • 1,078 Posts
    • 453 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Fine, please go ahead. I hope you win
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Sep 18, 7:02 PM
    • 4,651 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    JPears
    L M provides sound and sage advice.
    Ignore at your peril.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Emmal1982
    • By Emmal1982 20th Sep 18, 7:31 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Emmal1982
    Can I just ask if when they send their court papers to me and I defend the claim if it actually gets to court would I be expected to travel to Northampton?

Thankyou to everyone here for all advice and just hearing me out this page has been my sounding board for the last week and a half x
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 20th Sep 18, 7:38 PM
    • 1,078 Posts
    • 453 Thanks
    legal magpie
    No. When you put in your defence, it will automatically be transferred to your "home" court.
    • JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 20th Sep 18, 8:30 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    JAM2018
    I have sent it to you ,got the name wrong first time, hope that helps, I was asked if I would go to court which obviously I said yes, I could not take the risk of defending as I work away and would probably not have received the letter,hence why I paid but want these scumbags sorted out
    Originally posted by sharpz44
    Thank you. I have emailed Trading Standards.
    • Mick h
    • By Mick h 23rd Sep 18, 11:12 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mick h
    I have also used this company but they did get me compensation. They sent me a bill 2 weeks ago for £131.00 which was paid by cheque. Yesterday they sent another invoice saying I owe them £305.00 with penalty clauses if I do not pay by a certain time. I decided to check up on this company and luckily enough, I came across this web site. I have no intentions of paying any more money to this company.
    • Davexmas
    • By Davexmas 24th Sep 18, 8:40 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Davexmas
    Hi
    I've just been reading your post. I'm in the same position and was wondering if you could share your defence? Hope to hear from you. Dave
    • Emmal1982
    • By Emmal1982 25th Sep 18, 6:40 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Emmal1982
    Have just received my polite reminder invoice. First I’ve heard from them in over a week.

The invoice has the wrong address on it.

So have politely reminded them that they are breaking consumer contract regulations by not giving me notice of ‘contract’ and also have broken GDPR laws by sending me the address of another client. Not to mention being wholly unprofessional.

I HATE them ..... they need to do one now!! 🤬
    • JPears
    • By JPears 25th Sep 18, 8:30 PM
    • 4,651 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    JPears
    Report to the ICO for GDPR breach.

• Emmal1982
    • By Emmal1982 25th Sep 18, 9:17 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Emmal1982
    How would I go about doing that jpears??
    • JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 25th Sep 18, 11:06 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    JAM2018
    I have just completed the Northampton Trading Standards Questionnaire. Let's see what happens next.
    Thanks Sharpz44 for the contact details.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 26th Sep 18, 6:43 AM
    • 4,651 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    JPears
    https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/

• Wilkiedan
    • By Wilkiedan 26th Sep 18, 12:24 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wilkiedan
    Been looking on Trustpilot the last few days and they'd been getting a fair amount of 1* reviews. I was wondering how long it would be before the balance was redressed. Well the wait is over as they've just, in the last 24 hours, had a run of mainly 5* reviews. Amazing!
    • JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 28th Sep 18, 4:14 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    JAM2018
    Anna Tims from the Guardian Newspaper has published a follow up story yesterday.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/sep/27/flight-delay-team-claim-compensation-fees-contract
    • youngowl
    • By youngowl 28th Sep 18, 6:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    youngowl
    Hello people, unfortunately I too fell their "trap" by thinking they were doing a simple check on my eligibility. Two days later I then sent them four emails titled "CANCELLATION" since it's in their T&C that anyone has the right to terminate the service within 14 days.

What should I do if they start charging me after a month? I have no plan to pay these people and am thankful that I am not alone. Let's get these guys shut down.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,315Posts Today

7,644Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LeedsWomensAid: We are pleased to see @MartinSLewis raising awareness about the important issue of financial abuse. Have a read of his?

• Didn't get your MSE weekly email today - for some reason Microsoft (inc outlook hotmail) filed many as spam so chec? https://t.co/GH6aH9CBTn

• RT @Gumtree: @MartinSLewis Hi Martin, we do not tolerate unscrupulous advertising by third parties on the Gumtree platform and are working?

• Follow Martin