IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA appeal review please

Options
13»

Comments

• notparked
    Options
    Hi Steve,

popla ref. xxxxxxx was successfuly appealed due to
    inadequate signage,

You will appreciate that as POPLA is an independent service operated by Ombudsman Services, we do not have access to the appeals records and nor should we have. Please provide Emma with a copy of the assessment made by POPLA in this instance. We will also need to know the details of the location please.

Can you advise what steps will be put in place to improve the signage,
    how the operator will ensure compliance.

We will ask one of our Area Managers to visit the location and inspect the signage - quantity and signage content. Upon completing the inspection, we will contact Euro if we believe that changes need to be made to the signage at the location and give them a deadline for these to be made.

Also will ALL tickets issued at least since THIS ticket was issued be
    refunded if paid, cancelled if not, because it is clear the operator has
    failed in their obligatons

Tickets will not be cancelled.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    notparked wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

popla ref. xxxxxxx was successfuly appealed due to
    inadequate signage,

You will appreciate that as POPLA is an independent service operated by Ombudsman Services, we do not have access to the appeals records and nor should we have. Please provide Emma with a copy of the assessment made by POPLA in this instance. We will also need to know the details of the location please.

Can you advise what steps will be put in place to improve the signage,
    how the operator will ensure compliance.

We will ask one of our Area Managers to visit the location and inspect the signage - quantity and signage content. Upon completing the inspection, we will contact Euro if we believe that changes need to be made to the signage at the location and give them a deadline for these to be made.

Also will ALL tickets issued at least since THIS ticket was issued be
    refunded if paid, cancelled if not, because it is clear the operator has
    failed in their obligatons

Tickets will not be cancelled.

Is that really what Steve Clark said .......

How is he going to prove to you that an inspection
    was done because the BPA can no longer be trusted

The area manager could say anything to support the parking
    scammers, they are a BPA member after all.

The BPA is long overdue for the rubbish tip but they
    have to get out of the Gobi desert first
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You might want to put this to your MP (and the MP in whose constituency the car park is based - if different to your own MP) and ask if they would get involved as people are being unfairly targeted and pursued when the industry's own independent appeals service says that the signage (the legal contract between the PPC and motorist) is inadequate.

Ask if they can intervene to get all tickets there cancelled and any monies already paid, refunded.

PPCs cannot continue to get away with no sanction, and continue to act with impunity when clearly they have been proved not to have met the basic (and legal) standards prescribed by their industry body.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • notparked
    Options
    Yay!

Now, complaint to the BPA that an operator is issuing tickets at a site with inaderuqate signage, as confirmed by POPLA. You want to know what steps willb in place to improve the signage, how the operator will ensure compliance, and that ALL tickets issued at least since YOUR ticket was issued are refunded if paid, cancelled if not, because it is clear the operator has failed in their obligatons.

hi , is there way of keeping pics of signage which have been deemed by POPLA as non-compliant , similar to the templates on the NEWBIE sticky thread?
    Pics could then be used in POPLA appeals quoting names of assessors who had upheld appeals due to signage,
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    notparked wrote: »
    hi , is there way of keeping pics of signage which have been deemed by POPLA as non-compliant , similar to the templates on the NEWBIE sticky thread?
    Pics could then be used in POPLA appeals quoting names of assessors who had upheld appeals due to signage,

Yes, you can always start a new thread and keep it updated a bit like Aaron Aadvark did with the POPLA Decisions sticky and Coupon-mad did with the NEWBIES FAQ sticky. Easy to set up. Needs commitment to maintain.

Up for it?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • notparked
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Yes, you can always start a new thread and keep it updated a bit like Aaron Aadvark did with the POPLA Decisions sticky and Coupon-mad did with the NEWBIES FAQ sticky. Easy to set up. Needs commitment to maintain.

Up for it?

I could start a new thread but how do I publish the pics of signs?
    Is it a case of quoting the links to tinypics for e.g. as I did in some of my posts?
    How is the thread made a sticky?

It looks as though 'posters' update the 'decisions' thread.
    What else would be involved to maintain the thread?

I could log on a few times a week and add new pics if/when provided by posters , what else would be needed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure