Bulk or Large Size Toiletries

So I've decided that I want an organised shower area as of late. To so this, I'll be reusing the small empty bottles I have (as they fit in my shower rack), and decant from larger ones, as bulk/xxl size buying is usually the cheapest way to go.
Anyway, I have the bottles I want to decant into (two new pump nozzle bottles with shampoo and conditioner in respectively, plus three old Original Source bottles to fill with shower gel, as they're rather smart looking).
Apart from 1l Tresemm!, etc. bottles and the 1l Xxl Cien shower gels from Lidl, does anyone know of anywhere else that sells larger bottles of things like this (and hand-wash), that's of reasonable quality and a reasonable price (preferably at a shop I can just walk into)?
I just think it'll be so much cheaper and better for the environment on the long run.
Thanks guys!

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I buy hand wash and shampoo in 1 litre from TK Max.
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We buy cream bath to use as handwash and decent into pump dispensers.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I love the John Frieda sheer blonge range - but buy the larger bottles (from boots and superdrug) as they are better value, and decant those into smaller (lighter) bottles.

Also B&M sell a lot of the Tigi shampoo and conditioners in large 750ml bottles - good products, good value at that size.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    fixx wrote: »
    Also B&M sell a lot of the Tigi shampoo and conditioners in large 750ml bottles - good products, good value at that size.

I really like the Tigi Oatmeal and Honey shampoo and conditioner, I buy the big bottles and both the OH and I use it. It's a little cheaper from Allbeauty online than in B&M but you do have to factor in postage costs - I think postage is free at Allbeauty if you order over £20.

I'm also a fan of the big bottles of Jason shower gel - I tend to buy this online when it's on offer at Big Green Smile, but I think Ocado also stock it. It's not massively cheap but it's really good quality and the bottles last for ages.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    QVC - you can get most things in litre sizes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure