MSE News: Beat the car and home insurance cost spike

Options
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Limit the damage of rising premiums by following our cost-cutting system. One MoneySaver got motor cover for just 96p ..."

Comments

• Wutang_2
    Wutang_2 Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Guy wrote: »
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Limit the damage of rising premiums by following our cost-cutting system. One MoneySaver got motor cover for just 96p ..."

OfficialStamp.gif

So, the advice is to find the cheapest deal, get cashback and at no stage consider whether the policy is any good?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wutang wrote: »
    So, the advice is to find the cheapest deal, get cashback and at no stage consider whether the policy is any good?

"Step 1: Combine the power of comparison sites. These zip your details to a host of insurers' and brokers' websites in seconds, scraping their data to report back the cheapest. No site lists every provider so the key is combining searches to give yourself the widest range in the least time to find the cheapest policy of those that contain your required cover"

I suggest you read the article properly before making unsubstantiated claims.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The MSE member who got the 96p cover arranged it through Swintons if my memory serves me right and that is 96p to much for one of their policies
  • raskazz
    raskazz Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Options
    wizk1 wrote: »
    "Step 1: Combine the power of comparison sites. These zip your details to a host of insurers' and brokers' websites in seconds, scraping their data to report back the cheapest. No site lists every provider so the key is combining searches to give yourself the widest range in the least time to find the cheapest policy of those that contain your required cover"

I 'suggest' that cover and service are two quite separate issues.

I could quite easily name two companies who provide the same cover but vastly differing service.
  • Wutang_2
    Wutang_2 Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Options
    wizk1 wrote: »

I suggest you chill out big letter man - get cashback on a swiftcover policy and see how it goes.

Not sure what unsubstantiatamised means but fair play, its a long word.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wutang wrote: »
    I suggest you chill out big letter man - get cashback on a swiftcover policy and see how it goes.

Not sure what unsubstantiatamised means but fair play, its a long word.
    Would you mind if I adopted the name "big letter man"? I quite like it :D
  • stevel8407
    Options
    young driver (my son ) passed his test 48 hours ago got a quote for a 1 litre vauxhall corsa 4033.39 , a bit more than the lady with 96pence i think ,
    steve
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport