Sun Holidays from £15pp January 2020 Codewords

Comments

• Thanks for the tips!
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hearing rumours that Eurocamp have cancelled quite a lot of Sun bookings today... anyone affected?
  • Hello, yes happened to us unfortunately. Received an email from Greenbank Holidays to say that there had been a computer error and we had the choice to refund or check for other availability.

I called the hotline yesterday and waited in a queue for over 30 mins to be told there was no availability for August at all. The woman at the end of the phone told me there were 3000 - 4000 affected but I don't know if that's true as there doesn't seem to be much 'noise' in the internet.

We are so upset this was our first time booking a holiday through the Sun and had no idea of the pitfalls. (Should have checked the fine print obviously). My brother has booked European Hols with them for years so didn't think there would be a problem.

Ironically he made a mistake when booking and made a 4 night holiday and 3 night holiday to the same place as us and has had confirmation of the first one!

Anyone know if there is anything we can do?

Was so excited waiting up on this forum for the last code last Sunday :(

Cheers
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    I also heard that around 3000 holidays had been cancelled by Greenbank/Eurocamp. From what I can gather rather than a specific allocation of bookings for The Sun, there was essentially unlimited availability for a lot of the European parks, including school holidays which was clearly a massive error.

So disappointing for people as many have already booked their travel. I’ve been booking these holidays for years and had countless UK & European breaks, never heard of such an error on this scale before.
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Sharonhh wrote: »
    Hello, yes happened to us unfortunately. Received an email from Greenbank Holidays to say that there had been a computer error and we had the choice to refund or check for other availability.

I called the hotline yesterday and waited in a queue for over 30 mins to be told there was no availability for August at all. The woman at the end of the phone told me there were 3000 - 4000 affected but I don't know if that's true as there doesn't seem to be much 'noise' in the internet.

We are so upset this was our first time booking a holiday through the Sun and had no idea of the pitfalls. (Should have checked the fine print obviously). My brother has booked European Hols with them for years so didn't think there would be a problem.

Ironically he made a mistake when booking and made a 4 night holiday and 3 night holiday to the same place as us and has had confirmation of the first one!

Anyone know if there is anything we can do?

Was so excited waiting up on this forum for the last code last Sunday :(

Cheers

I really feel for you and all those affected
    I was tempted to book for August, but decided on Easter Holidays instead
    Didn't want to wait till Summer to take the Grandchildren away
    So glad I did now
  • We managed to get conforming of our European holiday, we had friends who booked at the same time, to the same place that had there booking cancelled! :( . We've been booking for a few years, and never had an issue like this before.
  • Also, when we were trying to book our other European holiday we kept getting booking error... other had the same issue, I wonder if this was related ?
  • Hi I’ve had an email today at 630pm stating my break is cancelled , I booked last Monday and booked the flights last Thursday, I’ve looked at alternative accommodation for the dates 21st -28th August but it is way out of budget , my flights are with Ryanair , is there anything I can do or will I just lose my flight money ? This is £410 so will mean we can no longer go away without this money ?
  • I also had an email cancelling our European break, absolutely gutted. I have looked at booking directly with eurocamp and the prices have increased considerably since last week, as I checked them before I booked our Sun Break. My children were really upset, as they knew that it would be the only way we could afford a holiday.

I feel for those that have already made travel arrangements luckily I hadn't done that yet.:(
  • PLQueen
    PLQueen Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Our holiday has also been cancelled I received the e-mail a couple of hours ago. Pretty disappointed as there is nowhere available where we want to go on our dates now and I stayed up late waiting for the final code to be posted on here too. This hasn’t put me off trying again next time it’s just one of those things unfortunately
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback