What Small DFW Things Will You Do w/c 13th January 2020?

123457»

Comments

• Morning frugal ones :hello:

Not a great nights sleep so there might be a nap today. Other things:

Last lot of weekend washing on quick wash and on airer
    Packed lunches for tomorrow
    Smalls to prepaid swimming lesson
    Off to god daughters birthday party this afternoon. Have present and card already bought before Christmas
    Think about what I want to achieve this week and write a list
    DH and I chatted some house stuff last night whilst out and we’ve decided to move some furniture around and repurpose what we have. I need to make a ‘seat’ to go on top of a unit to make it in to a bench but should be able to do it cheaply with some foam from a shop on the local market. Will get my sewing machine out of the loft at some point this week
    Meals from stores and think of a meal plan for the week ahead. Will revolve around eating out of the freezer.

Have a good at all. Purps.
  • I slept in this morning, more than im used to it. But did have a broken nights sleep with a poorly cat trying to be sick on my head and im now sporting a scratch where she jumped off when i moved quickly. But got up to clean that up at 3.30am and then one of the other cats insisted on annoying her for the rest of the night.

Plans for today include
    Touching up some decorating

Need to pop out for cat litter-i hate buying the Tesc@ one its gone up by 30p and was out of stock yesterday. Had to buy a £2.20 bag which i really begrudged as has been used up already. Will try morris@ns today. That will be a nightmare as its the more popular place to shop.

Banking checked to make sure everything good.
    New phone delivered and up and running. Old one ready to be sent for recycling. Hopefully it will be a payout of £22.

DW about to go on the eco setting.
    Will do a wash today also on eco setting.
    Its so cold here, we've had a hard frost the last couple of mornings so heating continously on

Foods all sorted for today (use ups)
    Some paperwork to do today. If it gets done today its frees up some time tomorrow.

Been using up some last bits of toiletries DD has left. Also empty toiletries not put in the recycling (no idea why, she is usually spot on) nearly sorted and in recycling

Right off to clean the cats. Ive bound to have missed something!!!

Have a great day everyone xx
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning all :)
    Not long back from a trip to a market / flea market thing we often go to on Sunday mornings. Bought a 1kg block of mozzarella for £2 and a huge log of goats cheese for £3. Must portion those out and freeze shortly. Also bought a few bits to sell on, including a huge pile of old tablecloths for £1, which are currently in a pile on the kitchen floor waiting for their turn in the WM.
    Also tried to walk dog, but he decided it was too cold and would only go 50m or so down the road, then turned round and pulled me back home again :rotfl:So not much exercise had there!
    Other things:
    All food from home, more leek and potato soup for lunch I think, as it is so cold :eek:

Make lemon drizzle cakes to use up sad looking lemons
    Peg washing out, not sure how much it will dry, but at least it isn't raining, and it makes it smell nicer.
    Transfer more stuff over to this new laptop, it really is much better

Might do a little bit in the garden, but won't be out there long because it is freezing (literally).
    Hope everyone is having a nice day :)
  • I do need another hobby to do in the evenings now as am often at a loss as to what to do. Whereas I used to binge watch some tv with a few glasses of wine or fritter time on fb now I'm often at a bit of a loss

Thanks DNMS! The above is one one the reasons that I took up crochet and knitting. It keeps my hands busy. I usually have an "easy" project on the go that doesn't need much focus so that I can do it while watching telly
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Afternoon folks!

Dawn - I'm jealous, that market sounds fab!!

Well yesterday evening was a non-starter. Started feeling a bit ropey in the stomach area after I posted yesterday, but then tummy calmed down. We set out for our friend's but we got half way there and my stomach was really sore (TMI moment coming up... trapped wind). This isn't something I'm prone to and I felt so miserable and with my current state of affairs you never know how my insides will go and so we turned round and headed home. OH was really disappointed but I was so tired that I'm glad that we came home.

Luckily it didn't manifest into a bug so I have bought some deflatine, will carry on with the healthy foods and hope that this is a die-off effect. If it is, then it should calm down after about a week. I've messaged my friend to rearrange.

Back in work today with the usual list - nowt exciting here. Hopefully no overtime either!!

Have a good one all

clf x
  • Hurrah! Files all done and the 2019 pipeline project is finished :)

It was worth the overtime!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Congrats CLF - what next? An easier time with fewer hours for a while, till you feel better, I hope!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure