CFL Bulbs?

13»

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 January 2020 at 4:20PM
    Us. who might be even older, can remember being able to buy it in a small tube from Woolworths both my wife and I used to play with the stuff when we were kids.

Not only that, chemistry sets did have chemicals that you could really play with rather than just a drop of baking soda & vinegar that you have nowadays
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,592 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    DawnCrush wrote: »
    Only if you plan to use them. Or you know someone who does.
    I'm not sure who would particularly want them, but I suppose there are some 'stick in the mud's' out there.

I have a couple of pieces of equipment that use incandescent lamps. CFL replacements will not work due to the warm up time and afterglow. LED lamps are too unpredictable and do not give out the right sort of light or have the spread.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • reeac
    reeac Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    matelodave wrote: »
    Us. who might be even older, can remember being able to buy it in a small tube from Woolworths both my wife and I used to play with the stuff when we were kids.

Not only that, chemistry sets did have chemicals that you could really play with rather than just a drop of baking soda & vinegar that you have nowadays

My mother an I visited friends one time and whilst the two mothers sat by the fireside chatting my friend mixed up some ingredients from his new chemistry set. The resultant explosion resulted in his losing his eyebrows and proved to be a conversation stopper for the mothers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure