How to write letter to appeal disciplinary outcome

13»

Comments

• od244051 wrote: »
    Those colleagues who had disciplinary meetings before got the letter either later that day or within 4 days if they had days off. Had 5 days off after the meeting - mixture of days off and annual leave and should have got it on my first day back.
    I don't think you are hearing what people are telling you. There is no "should have". You are clutching at straws trying to make a case that does not exist. The letter arrived. Why it took 11 days to arrive is not relevant and doesn't change the outcome.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    od244051 wrote: »
    Those colleagues who had disciplinary meetings before got the letter either later that day or within 4 days if they had days off. Had 5 days off after the meeting - mixture of days off and annual leave and should have got it on my first day back.

You now sound bitter.

I would suggest you step back and concentrate on your own health & attitude to work. No doubt, that’s what your employer wants too.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Blatchford wrote: »
    I want to try to be very clear here for you. You had an amount of time off sick that would trigger pretty much every sickness absence policy that I have ever come across. The single ten days sickness would have triggered my employers - ours is no more than 8.5 days sickness per year, unless there is a disability. The three periods of sickness would also have triggered the policy with my employers - even three one day sicknesses.

I guess you've looked back over previous threads to work this out. Don't suppose you know the Bradford score of the OP? Just for interest.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    robatwork wrote: »
    I guess you've looked back over previous threads to work this out. Don't suppose you know the Bradford score of the OP? Just for interest.

The 10 single day instances would score 1000 alone.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ohreally wrote: »
    The 10 single day instances would score 1000 alone.

As I understand it, it’s 3 absences within 12 months, one of which was 10 days.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • nicechap wrote: »
    As I understand it, it’s 3 absences within 12 months, one of which was 10 days.
    Yes sorry, my post wasn't meant to be read as 10 x 1 day absences but 1 x 10. Ten days absence in itself would trigger ours. Even if one period of sickness.
  • eamon
    eamon Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    This still going on?

If so I'll add another tuppence worth.

The OP will have self certified & possibly had fit notes. If that is all the employer uses for monitoring sickness then it is a poor do. The OP isn't clear on this. There is a HR function at his place of work they should be implementing something that includes " a return to work process/procedure". This is were the employee has an opportunity to expand on their absence (should they want to) i.e. more details, off the shelf medicine, visits to GP/A&E, phone calls to NHS, prescribed medicines etc. Put down everything that demonstrates what you have done to return to work.

It may not stop the disciplinary process but it makes management do some work to justify it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure