Stupid question

As I said this is probably a stupid question but here goes. I have freesat but if I want to record something I cannot watch another channel at the same time. I don't watch much tv and never have so I'm not sure if this is correct or if I should be able to watch a different channel to the one I'm recording.
Chin up, Titus out.

Comments

• Do you only have Freesat, no Freeview as well?

How do you receive the Freesat, through a box or direct into a decoder in the TV?
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• Just seems to be freesat, it was here when we move in, it comes through a box.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2020 at 1:01AM
    It depends on the capabilities of the box and how many cables you have coming from the dish. The box needs to support record and live watching as well as having twin LNBs on the dish to receive the 2 signals.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have freesat but if I want to record something I cannot watch another channel at the same time. I don't watch much tv and never have so I'm not sure if this is correct or if I should be able to watch a different channel to the one I'm recording.
    In order to do this you'd need two feeds from the satellite dish. If you live in a block of flats and have a communal dish then this may be problematical. If not, it's a simple matter of another cable run from the dish to your decoder.
  • Thank you molerat and money. I'll check the cables, I live on a boat so I'm not using a communal dish.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have freesat but if I want to record something I cannot watch another channel at the same time. I don't watch much tv and never have so I'm not sure if this is correct or if I should be able to watch a different channel to the one I'm recording.

Exactly the same as Sky+ - if you want to watch one, record another, you need to have 2 cables from the dish. Sounds like you only have one connected, have you had a look?
    It depends on the capabilities of the box

I don't think there's such a thing as a Freesat recorder with only one satellite input, they should all have 2.
  • There are eleventy billion cables behind the box, a bird's nest of a muddle. I will sort them out this afternoon.
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport