Credit ratings agency for mortgage

Options
Hi guys any idea which credit rating agency does halifax use? I hv applied for mortgage. I hv excellent credit score on experian, but i havnt checked other credit agencies, will it be same as experian. Thanks in advance:rotfl:

Comments

• Noobie2011
    Noobie2011 Posts: 289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dev0891 wrote: »
    Hi guys any idea which credit rating agency does halifax use? I hv applied for mortgage. I hv excellent credit score on experian, but i havnt checked other credit agencies, will it be same as experian. Thanks in advance:rotfl:

Ideally you should make sure all your reports look correct and don't bank on them just using one CRA. From my recollection though from what our broker told us they use Experian but can check Equifax if needed as did with us
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Halifax can make use of all three, same as Nationwide.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Dev0891
    Dev0891 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I have already a DIP so do i still need to worry about CRA?
    Thanks in adv
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Halifax?

Yes, only a soft search has been done.

The full search may be undertaken with a different CRA.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Dev0891
    Options
    Thank you mate: my querry is that i have never missed on any payments and hv no ccj or anything in my knowledge ever and my experian report is excellent, should i create account with other two CRAs to check? Will opening account with CRAs will effect my Credit Rating?
    Thank u in advance for your quick answers
  • DingerUK
    DingerUK Posts: 64 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No, checking with the other CRAs won’t affect your credit rating. You will see that a search is done but there are different kinds of search, commonly referred to as hard and soft. Soft searches are when you get a quote for things like car insurance (this will be what will be done when you check your file) and hard searches are done when you make an application for a product like a mortgage or a new bank account or mobile phone bill. Please don’t pay any money for your info. It’s available through each CRA for free. As you're here you can look at the MSE credit club which gives you monthly info from Experian. There is also clear score which gives you info from equifax, and noodle which gives you info from call credit. You get a report from each once a month and see a soft search each time a report is generated. You can view the report as many times as you like. I’m new here (haven’t posted much, but been a member a long time) so cant post links, but a quick google will get you there. There are MSE pages about credit scoring and searches which give you an introduction and further info to consider.
  • freedom12
    freedom12 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Halifax uses experian for sure . Just had AIP from them . But its rejected by head office.
  • Dev0891
    Options
    Can u please tell what grounds was it refused on?
  • krustylouise
    krustylouise Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to jump on - who are the 3 agencies for credit reports? Experian? Equifax? And who is the third?

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Call Credit.