IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Six year old ticket

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 February 2018 at 12:17AM
    I'm not understanding the abbreviations of MCOL, AOS and LBC?

That's why I explain them all in the FAQS thread!

I am also a woman who has never been to court, and I'm only 10 years younger than you so don't write yourself off! I maintain the NEWBIES thread because I find this area of law v scam interesting, keeps me busy in my spare time, after working full time.

I'm not legally trained either, but like you, I am law abiding and I can spot a scam.

The NEWBIES FAQS thread shows you in pictures, how to do the AOS (acknowledge the claim).

Loads of scared posters EXACTLY like you have succeeded with this! You will amaze yourself.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 February 2018 at 12:19AM
    the abbreviations for the acronyms with explanations are in post #5 of the newbies sticky thread - please get up to speed on them as the small claims court system was enacted in 1973 !! (so back when you were in your late teens)

I too am nearly 63 although not a lady like yourself, age is no barrier to knowledge for most people like us

read the bargepole timeline , do the AOS by logging in online but DO NOT PUT ANYTHING AT ALL IN THE DEFENCE BOX - DETAILS ARE ALL IN POST #2 of that newbies faq sticky thread, about 3 threads down from the top of this forum

you then have maybe 2 or 3 weeks to defend this court claim

like it or not, they have taken you to court, your local county court, if it gets that far in a few months time , think Judge Rinder without all the name calling and innuendo etc (you must have seen older people on there , I know I have)
  • Coupon mad, please could you explain how I can access the Newbies FAQs? I cant seem to find it?

I need to try to calm down about this, as I feel like something of a headless chicken at the moment, and not functioning quite normally.

This is the awful thing about these parking scams, they put people in a flat spin
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Coupon mad, please could you explain how I can access the Newbies FAQs? I cant seem to find it?

Every post I make tells every newbie where to look...you are not reading my signature!

See below...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    and I told you its about the 3rd thread down from the top of this forum

read her signature , please !! pretty please :)
  • Okay, Ive just realised that whereas I said I had written to the court, I have actually filled in the N9 form (on the advice from BW Legal)

Does this make a difference to the advice Ive been getting here?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    aahhh , please stop listening to bw

here is the newbies thread , please read and understand the court procedure

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

as this was 6 yrs ago the POFa did not apply , they can only go for the driver NOT THE KEEPER , so do not tell them (pike)

hope you left that form bland , not a single word in the box
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have you actually posted the N9 (Acknowledgement of Service) form to the Northampton Business Centre?

If so, have you kept a copy?
    Can you post a copy of what you sent?
  • pappa_golf wrote: »
    aahhh , please stop listening to bw

here is the newbies thread , please read and understand the court procedure

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

as this was 6 yrs ago the POFa did not apply , they can only go for the driver NOT THE KEEPER , so do not tell them (pike)

hope you left that form bland , not a single word in the box

Do you mean to say that I have no idea who the driver would have been at that time?
  • KeithP wrote: »
    Have you actually posted the N9 (Acknowledgement of Service) form to the Northampton Business Centre?

If so, have you kept a copy?
    Can you post a copy of what you sent?

Yes Ive posted it today. To my shame I didnt keep a copy, but the details of what I said in the letter are in my original post
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure