Has anyone else had problems with Yell/ Yell.com? Going to court?

Comments

• am
    am Posts: 47 Forumite
    I have previously been contacted by them at work and whilst the person was very courteous, I'm not really sure what they offer that you can do yourself for free or at least much cheaper.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    interesting thread, if I had received a call from yell I would have assumed they are a reputable company, and would have actually considered advertising with them, but I keep seeing threads like this.
    Thanks fellow MSErs for potentially saving other people a lot of problems.
  • Yell regularly made calls to me at my company for around a year trying to sell me various packages, and their staff are increasingly rude and aggressive. The last time was about 2 weeks ago and, out of frustration, because I've told them repeatedly that I am not interested in the packages they offer, I told them that we don't do any marketing because we don't need to.

The Yell Rep then said "you are a very stupid person then" and hung up.

I can't imagine where they get their rude, pushy call centre employees from, but they are obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Needless to say, I won't be taking their calls in future, although I doubt they will try again after the last call!
    You had me at your proper use of "you're".
  • Hi, just picked up on this thread. Sorry to hear some of your experiences – I’m keen to help resolve issues if we can, so please contact me directly via the email address within my profile and I can get a customer services colleague to contact you directly.
    [FONT=&quot]Paul
    [/FONT]
    I saw your post on MSE and emailed you on the 26th April 2012. Have not had a reply from you or yell. Thank you so much!!:mad:
  • This is not the first time I have heard these types of things said about Yell. I for one, will never be using them. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Sorry I can't offer any help, but I send good luck in the direction of those who fighting.
  • Wutang_2
    Wutang_2 Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    I worked for yell. You know when you hear about people looking into a restaurants kitchen and then deciding they'd never eat there again? Its like that.

The sales teams are all against each other (so all calling the same businesses) and the organisation is truly unbelievable. I am not going to say too much BUT, I left because I have a conscience.

do not advertise with this lot.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Hi,

I can't find anyone who has had this issue, but I checked my Bank account today and found Yell Ltd are taking £27.72 a month out of my account via Direct Debit.

A couple of years ago I ran a listing with them for a year that was a wast of money. I have not signed up for anything new.
    The number that the bank gave me is 0800 600 900 but that then tells me to call there premium rate nu 118247 £1.50 connection and then 70p per-minute.

I did manage to get the phone number for Yell Head office 0845 603 71 09

But they are closed. How can they do this without my authorization? :mad:
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    wcjohnston wrote: »
    Hi,

I can't find anyone who has had this issue, but I checked my Bank account today and found Yell Ltd are taking £27.72 a month out of my account via Direct Debit.

A couple of years ago I ran a listing with them for a year that was a wast of money. I have not signed up for anything new.
    The number that the bank gave me is 0800 600 900 but that then tells me to call there premium rate nu 118247 £1.50 connection and then 70p per-minute.

I did manage to get the phone number for Yell Head office 0845 603 71 09

But they are closed. How can they do this without my authorization? :mad:

They can't take the money by DD without your authorisation.

To take money via a DD, they need your bank details and your authorisation. Then they need to give you advance notice of the amount they will take and when.

If you still argue all this has not occurred, then go to your bank and get an immediate refund.

(If Yell challenge this and claim they did get your authorisation and did give you the required notice, then you will still owe them the money)
  • FortisUmbra
    FortisUmbra Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 24 March 2013 at 4:58AM
    Hi everyone, I hope you have recovered from dealing with Yell as I have not yet done so. Yell have been a TOTAL 100% NIGHTMARE, they are a BUSINESS FROM HELL.
    I put my trust into Yell as we all have grew up will Yell in our household and believed in.

I will take out a loan and sell any assets i need to hold Yell accountable through the courts for what they have done.

Their sales women not only sold me a package which promised me to busy yet delivered zero results (proven) package costs just under £15k,the sales women had no heart but this is not the issue.

I transferred my domain name to them and learnt soon after i could not and did not receive any emails to my business email, which for a new start business was understandably very hard to handle. Then i was told you won't be able to send any emails from your business email, but will be able to receive the emails through my personal email.

I was shocked and explained "why would i buy professional email for my business and not be able to use it" they replied "you should have been told this when you transferred it". I replied "yes I should have been told".

I then told them "send it back to Namesco so i will be able to use it" and you will NOT BELIEVE what they said "we have the ability to transfer emails to ourselves but have not got the facilities to send it back" i am not going to tell you how i felt.

I took me months to sort out all this on top of keeping the business afloat.

This was just the beginning of their unbelievable cruelty i let the business email mistake go and proceeded to do my work only to realize the website they created for me, NO one could access as they made the domain name wrong yet they printed it out correctly in the Yellow Pages, when i asked "why have you made it wrong ? they said they didn't know.

The last straw was they had links all over my website in the first sentences on the first paragraph " How do solar panels work" Highlighted Re-directing my potential customers directly to my competitors which i have videoed over the course of months, even after me telling them again and again the Links remained. ( videos to prove with proven dates)The amazing thing is they would not rectify the problems which i am bewildered about.

Why would they do this?

They have 1) scammed us
    2)Gave us the WORST service ever a business could give (at a time we were MOST vulnerable
    3)Would not rectify their mistakes (witness, photos videos, emails to prove)
    4) Fobbed us off

Because of this company i question the Government how & why is this allowed to happen, big companies doing so much wrong to business especially new start ups at a time where they are most vulnerable and BLATANTLY think they can get away with it!

I have since learnt Yellow pages is good as dead the £5,200 i gave them as a deposit was dead money the minute i gave it. BEWARE THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT NORMAL THEY STRESS ME SO MUCH I WILL CANCEL ALL FORESEE ABLE HOLIDAYS AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE IN THE DOCKS.

IF I CAN HELP IN ANY WAY , ANYONE AFFECTED BY YELL I WOULD BE MORE THEN HAPPY TO DO SO

(Text removed by forum team)

Thank you
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    What exactly did you pay Yell 15k for and when did you pay them?

If it was for your site that is in your profile then you really need to find a professional web developer. That site will never get anywhere in the search engines with all the text stored as images.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback