Claim guys reclaiming Ppi

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,355 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The claims guys do provide a good service for people who are too busy to do this themselves as you need to send 3 letters and respond to any correspondance from the banks/lenders. Plus they will undoubtably take more notice of a letter printed on a solicitors letterhead than one from a private individual.

Sorry. That is rubbish. The first thing a claims handler thinks when they see a letter from a claims company is "here we go again, another try-it-on false claim". Some claims companies are worse than others. If anything, the claims handler will look harder to reject the claim than they would with a personal letter. Indeed, the FOS themselves have confirmed that personal letters have a higher success rate than template letters.

Personally, I consider The Claims Guys to be putting in dodgy complaints based on false claims. I was cold called by a rep of the Claims Guys on my work number and was told I could claim money back. The person I spoke with was clueless and was spouting out lies and misinformation and didnt seem to have a clue about what she was saying.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Comyface
    Comyface Posts: 669 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    dmjar wrote: »

Plus they will undoubtably take more notice of a letter printed on a solicitors letterhead than one from a private individual.

Agree with dunstonh, utter nonsense.
    dunstonh wrote: »
    The first thing a claims handler thinks when they see a letter from a claims company is "here we go again, another try-it-on false claim". Some claims companies are worse than others. If anything, the claims handler will look harder to reject the claim than they would with a personal letter. Indeed, the FOS themselves have confirmed that personal letters have a higher success rate than template letters.

Absolutely. When you get umpteen letters a day all exactly the same, but with a different customer name on them, it can make you think certain things about the claims companies.

When you get a letter from a customer who says 'This is what happened, I'm unhappy about it', you can empathise more and, like it or not, this will partially influence your decision. You can tell the customers who have just used the template letters as well, they're all worded the same!
    Are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation? :cool:
  • I just got a cold call from these idiots.

They claim I passed my details to a comparison site recently but can't tell me which one. And that I can claim back money from loans but can't tell me which, not suprising as they don't exist.

I'm also signed up to the TPS so they are breaking the law like all these good ambulance chasers out there.

Complaint to TPS on the way tonight.
  • Comyface
    Comyface Posts: 669 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Gordon861 wrote: »
    I just got a cold call from these idiots.

They claim I passed my details to a comparison site recently but can't tell me which one. And that I can claim back money from loans but can't tell me which, not suprising as they don't exist.

I'm also signed up to the TPS so they are breaking the law like all these good ambulance chasers out there.

Complaint to TPS on the way tonight.

They're regulated by the MOJ. You can also complain to them (www.claimsregulation.gov.uk) :)
    Are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation? :cool:
  • The claim guys are a company in altrincham called LeadX.
    They cold call you several times a day. They sell your data on to a third party company who looks after your claim.
    I had three claims with them several months ago, i-smart told me that theyre legal department has closed and all cases are going to the FOS.
    I've cancelled all my claims with them as they had them for about 3 months and done nothing with them.
  • i had a call on my mobile by these claims guys last saturday morning, i told them that time was not convenient to talk & to call back but they have constantly harassed me, one time they called my mobile 13 times in one day!! i took this as desperation & have ignored all thier calls, they have also text me on Boxing day to tell me i missed my assessment for claiming money back & emailed me!

are these people worth using & can they actually get you any money back?
    mummy to 3 monsters!
    trying to money save, but spot too many bargains on here!!
  • dunstonh

No. This company are trying to con you into paying them upfront for something that has little chance of success most of the time.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • are these people worth using & can they actually get you any money back?
    i have recently used the claim guys to reclaim ppi that i thought that i wouldn't get back, i have recently got a letter from stating that i have been 1158.00 back, they do of course take a 30% fee but they will not ask you for any money until you have received the money from the bank.
    i would suggest that if you fell confident enough claim yourself , that way you keep all the money. just use the template letters on this website.
  • dunstonh
    mand10 wrote: »
    i have recently used the claim guys to reclaim ppi that i thought that i wouldn't get back, i have recently got a letter from stating that i have been 1158.00 back, they do of course take a 30% fee but they will not ask you for any money until you have received the money from the bank.
    i would suggest that if you fell confident enough claim yourself , that way you keep all the money. just use the template letters on this website.

There may be some good claims companies out there and some claims are so easy to get paid out on that even a dodgy claims company will get success but The Claims Guys make fraudulent claims and mislead people.
  • Just had a call from these guys, told me it was a no fee service. So these guys are like the banks miss selling their product......funny old world eh

Oh and my number is TPS registered, so I've reported them to TPS. Plus I called their free phone number back and told them not to contact me again, and to take any data they had on me off their data base. And that I was indeed reporting them to TPS.

The wife works in an office, and even she has to bypass the TPS block on the data her company has to ring me at our home. So these guys know from the kick off they are breaking the law.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure